HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Advice for new build property 31 3
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 226 8
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 453 20
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 264 5
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,278 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 198 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,036 25
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 271 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 205 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 111 1
- Sage Line 50 91 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,933 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 146 2
- HMRC Post 352 5
- Freelance/Employee 578 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 540 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 336 8
- Employment Allowance 382 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,420 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 217 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 370
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 282
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 178
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 166
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153