HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Childcare voucher schemes 73 6
- Director or self-employed 33 1
- Clothing 26 1
- Director drawings 309 29
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 115 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 123 3
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 296 2
- What sectors to target? 163 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 79 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 237 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 83 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,860 40
- Interest Relief 160 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 504 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 48 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,592 54
- Rental losses 124 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,579 14
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 151 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 239 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 571
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 179
- Sabbatical payments 171