HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 13 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 326 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 88 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 694 11
- Family Partnership 110 1
- Stand alone practice management software 2,012 31
- flat rate scheme 2,207 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 360 10
- Can anybody recommend any software 138 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,350 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 259 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 180 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 183 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 184 3
- Termination Payment 503 15
- Company Share Buy Back 342 8
- P11D Car Value 131 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 250 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 301 5
- bookkeeping system 698 9