HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Newly Started Practice 397 8
- Property income 98 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 89 3
- error on companies house accounts 341 9
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 198 5
- Home to Office 107 3
- Clients 224 4
- Commission on holiday accrual 138 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 182 4
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,430 111
- VAT reclaim on costs incurred for VAT exempt services 102 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 160 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 136 3
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 58 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 103 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 306 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 162 2
- Client's company struck off 695 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 122 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 216 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 273
- EPS and CIS deductions 267
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 219
- SAGE winforecast 186
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174