HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- any implications of this type of transaction 32 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,675 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 93 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 271 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,026 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 259 7
- Sage data 100 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 420 9
- Limited company buying a car 357 6
- Funding Circle experience 146 3
- Excel query 112 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,288 13
- Payment on account penalties 122 3
- Tax on free shares 137 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 205 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 124 1
- Audit 488 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 125 3
- Buying a horse?? 428 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 194 2
- CTA study material 804
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 494
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 460
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 309
- Expat pension contributions? 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 279
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 231
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160