HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- two business from one premises 50 2
- I have done a terrible thing 265 7
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 161 3
- AIA 186 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 268 20
- HMRC property income enquiry 59 2
- partnership tax return 88 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 70 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 42 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 278 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,143 27
- Anyone else still working this week? 166 4
- s455 tax 93 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 59 1
- LLp Profits 78 3
- Am I getting Soft?? 530 12
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 194 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,486 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 92 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 358 18
- Hive up 530
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 490
- corporate hierarchy 462
- Advice - 313
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 258
- WWOOFers 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 229
- The booking.com con 220
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 211
- Cocaine anyone? 199