HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,318 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 259 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 850 18
- NALS Accountants Report 95 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,465 35
- Legal title not in the company name 264 10
- Dividend dates 558 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 119 3
- Sole properietor 165 4
- transitioning payroll 233 8
- dividend proposals 101 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 230 2
- Deduction from Salary 294 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 188 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,723 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 87 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 435 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 158 2
- 12 Pay Problems 253 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 88 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 623
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175