HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 229 6
- CT loss memorandum 48 1
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 197 3
- Property Development 388 9
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 256 6
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 231 6
- Sage Import Data 49 1
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,226 41
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 238 4
- How do you account in the VAT return for 147 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 447 12
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,438 16
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 245 3
- Which address 286 9
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 571 7
- Night out allowance 251 1
- Spanish Tax Return 157 5
- Accounts/CT600 Filing HMRC & Companies House 120 1
- Missing accountant! 1,048 4
- Invoicing clients System? 315 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 412
- CTA study material 375
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 278
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 254
- Pre incorp expenses 214
- new capital structure ltd with investors 210
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 206
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 189
- Slight twist on employment related securities 179
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 123