HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 444 14
- Why should I retain membership? 2,075 34
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 610 10
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,094 13
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 125 5
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 191 11
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 54 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 146 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,599 41
- Company purchase of shares 223 14
- VAT: option to tax 204 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 195 3
- Payroll software 587 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 159 4
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 226 1
- xerocon 357 11
- Money Soft payroll 393 10
- Problems with restoring companies on Sage 2015 112 4
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 116 3
- Software with departmental and cost centre reports 78 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 681
- Auto enrolment excuses 595
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 359
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- VAT on deposits 131
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 129