HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Very large share capital by mistake 377 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 150 1
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 368 3
- Love is in the air 442 6
- Setting up a practice 205 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 637 17
- Stamp Duty 282 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 225 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,772 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 484 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 182 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 254 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,013 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 555 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 565 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 339 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 385 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 437 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 463 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 287 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 194