HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- Please tell me what to do!! 37 1
- When & How much of Income to recognise 81 2
- Cash basis 87 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 195 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 313 14
- Cash basis 732 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,947 31
- 5th April 38 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,535 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 79 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 515 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 110 2
- s455 Directors loan 171 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 68 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,180 8
- Non resident capital gains 86 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 417 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 341 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 533 6
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132