HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 349 10
- break even point 718 21
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 146 2
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 544 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 66 1
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 56 1
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,154 28
- Classic cars investment 377 11
- National Insurance Contributions 146 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 208 4
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 263 4
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 885 23
- Asset holding company 275 6
- How much to charge? 485 7
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 323 6
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 292 1
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 3,050 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 908 8
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 243 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 456 13
- Possible Partnership? 483
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 452
- New Fangled Penalties 269
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 239
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 237
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 228
- Loans to other companies 184
- Tasbook email configuration 169