HELP ON PETTY CASH PLEASE
I am am recently 'qualified' book keepr in my first post and have constant headaches!
I have transfered monies from main bank account to petty cash account. (new business so starting from scratch)
I need to know what to do next.
Do I wait til end of month and post at this time.
In plain english please:
1/ I've transferred £200 from main bank account to petty cash and withdrawn £200 by cheque from main account and put in petty cash tin. I now have, for example, £6.00 stamps, £5.00 petrol and £10.00 stationary, how do I post now.
I presume petty cash - supplier payment to correct nominal codes (which takes the monies from petty cash and allocates to correct nominal codes but is that it? i am used to doing manually and always thinking about double entry and surely there must be another entry?
Sorry if I sound a bit thick but really trying to learn as quick as possible
Thank you in advance for your replies
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 297 9
- Payroll manager and the cloud 299 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 105 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 141 1
- Mortgage Reference 898 15
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 122 1
- RTI offline? 612 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 143 1
- CIS and Xero 276 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 247 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 169 2
- property capital gains 411 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 147 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 928 9
- Tips on meals 570 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,350 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 226 3
- Closing down loss-making company 811 15
- Stumped - IHT 629 8