I learned on another site that HMRC have today issued accounting software for use by start-ups.
I haven't been able to find it, but I did find this: (Apparently an HMRC site)
which links to Business Link:
And I have to ask other contributors, would you be happy if your clients started using this method of B/K?
I always try and get clients to keep cash and cheques as far apart as possible (sometimes in different Counties) and the thought of combining them on one page with credit and debit card payments horrifies me.
Should they have asked some accountants before producing this?
(I'll keep looking for the HMRC software and report back)
- TaxCalc Accounts production 123 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 370 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 79 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,363 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 579 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 213 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 191 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 212 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 467 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 370 11