I learned on another site that HMRC have today issued accounting software for use by start-ups.
I haven't been able to find it, but I did find this: (Apparently an HMRC site)
which links to Business Link:
And I have to ask other contributors, would you be happy if your clients started using this method of B/K?
I always try and get clients to keep cash and cheques as far apart as possible (sometimes in different Counties) and the thought of combining them on one page with credit and debit card payments horrifies me.
Should they have asked some accountants before producing this?
(I'll keep looking for the HMRC software and report back)
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,649 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 275 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 176 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,541 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 50 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 194 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 215 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 808 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 77 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,293 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 906 37
- Second Limited Company 107 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 488 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 288 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 485 20
- trading losses allowable? 756 14
- Post AAT? 681 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 134 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2