HMRC Corporation Tax - Carry Back Losses | AccountingWEB

HMRC Corporation Tax - Carry Back Losses


I have been running a company for just over 2 years, and am ready to submit my second Corporation Tax return to HMRC.

The first year (y/e 2008) we made a healthy profit (let's say around 10,000 chargeable to CT). This equated to around 2,000 payable to HMRC). This year's accounts aren't so happy - I think we will stand to make a trading loss in the region of 6,000.

As I understand it, I should be able to carry back these losses against last year's profit, but I'm not clear on how to present this with the CT600 form. Should I just include a covering letter with the calculations?


There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

Re: losses

holywood |


thombrooke |