HMRC Debt management why so slow?
Clients of mine, (pub tenants of course), have been the subject of a HMRC investigation resulting in unpaid tax plus penalties of more than a quarter of a million pounds - A sum they cannot possibly pay.
Thay have no assets and will be bankrupted.
However, following the first letter from HMRC's debt management unit on 21 December 2007 nothing has happened.
Nothing after NINE MONTHS
The clients contunue to operate their pub as though nothing has changed - they pay neither VAT, payroll taxes or income tax though.
A commercial business owed this sum would have acted months ago, anyone know why HMRC do not appear interested?
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,191 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,325 21
- CIS and Close Company 121 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 470 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 172 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 197 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 130 2
- Director leaving in month 1 152 2
- Ex Gratia payments 90 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 284 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 171 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 196 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 190 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 177 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 55 1
- EIS - connection through employment 96 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 251 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 64 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 233 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 911
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 641
- Free Tax Legislation? 405
- Director Loan account operation 400
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 340
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 319
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 225
- Paye procedures for CVA 221
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 187
- Pension Fixed Protection 163