HMRC Debt management why so slow?
Clients of mine, (pub tenants of course), have been the subject of a HMRC investigation resulting in unpaid tax plus penalties of more than a quarter of a million pounds - A sum they cannot possibly pay.
Thay have no assets and will be bankrupted.
However, following the first letter from HMRC's debt management unit on 21 December 2007 nothing has happened.
Nothing after NINE MONTHS
The clients contunue to operate their pub as though nothing has changed - they pay neither VAT, payroll taxes or income tax though.
A commercial business owed this sum would have acted months ago, anyone know why HMRC do not appear interested?
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 180 10
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 39 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 581 16
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 528 19
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 155 2
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 198 3
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,214 21
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 94 2
- business card address 991 11
- VAT on educational consultancy 74 1
- Which tax box 53 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 163 10
- Tax on private fuel for own car 83 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,596 8
- paragraph 2 schedule 36 finance act 2008 78 1
- would home tutoring ever have to come under PAYE? 138 5
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 218 10
- Moneysoft payroll 308 17
- Sportman claiming for training kit 842 9
- Self Employed Hairdressers and VAT treatment 131 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,252
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 448
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 269
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 230
- Hands on experience of Digita 180
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 170
- Employer's Helpline 136