I wrote to a CT office regarding interest charged on a payment they already held. Six weeks having passed I rang the office to chase a reply. I was told "We wrote to our interest unit about it and they have written back to us, I'll have to find the letter and ring you back as we are not opening March post yet". They phone back and say "Our interest unit wrote us (the CT office) and said we hadn't supplied the correct information, we have to write to them again"
CIS online is down. The website says it will be fixed sometime . I rang online services and asked for a reference so when I get a load of penalties and removal of gross status that I have to appeal (for free) I have something to refer to. I am told that the CIS deadline is tomorrow and I should try again then. I explain I may not be able to wait around tomorrow on the off chance they fix their website. I then ask for a reference again and am told I cannot have one as the system is down.
Has anyone any tips on dealing with these people?
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 41 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,807 58
- Do accountants work at home? 322 7
- Where has Portia gone? 5,903 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 25 1
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 810 14
- ER Relief 74 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 82 1
- Payroll question 233 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 260 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 72 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 708 6
- VAT Registration 211 1
- How do you do it 417 1
- Help 497 14
- Payments on account 320 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 788 21
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 115 1
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 323 1
- Sage 50 accounts 112 3