I wrote to a CT office regarding interest charged on a payment they already held. Six weeks having passed I rang the office to chase a reply. I was told "We wrote to our interest unit about it and they have written back to us, I'll have to find the letter and ring you back as we are not opening March post yet". They phone back and say "Our interest unit wrote us (the CT office) and said we hadn't supplied the correct information, we have to write to them again"
CIS online is down. The website says it will be fixed sometime . I rang online services and asked for a reference so when I get a load of penalties and removal of gross status that I have to appeal (for free) I have something to refer to. I am told that the CIS deadline is tomorrow and I should try again then. I explain I may not be able to wait around tomorrow on the off chance they fix their website. I then ask for a reference again and am told I cannot have one as the system is down.
Has anyone any tips on dealing with these people?
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 440 4
- VAT on new builds 83 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 649 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 323 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 96 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 88 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 97 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,782 26
- Missing tax return 132 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 900 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 268 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 148 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 542 18
- Physiotherapy 223 3
- Inflation and fees 1,196 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 145 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 267 8
- CGT help please 129 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 332 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 117 2