HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 73 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 518 22
- UK company to be a foreign entity 73 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 95 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 144 3
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 320 9
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 446 5
- Growing pains 134 1
- Residents Association Corp Tax 98 2
- Gift to employee 125 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 371 8
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 108 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 148 1
- new capital structure ltd with investors 306 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 149 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 277 4
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,864 17
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 410 12
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 169 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 731 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 437
- CTA study material 392
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 252
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 231
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 219
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 161
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 145