HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Busines software 100 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 169 6
- Converting a barn for business use 177 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 112 3
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 294 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 297 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 458 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 270 3
- Bookkeping software 706 7
- Clogged Losses 274 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 252 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 649 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 307 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 258 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 118 1
- General tax book with planning 256 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 193 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 200 1
- Gift of property & improvements 157 3
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 519
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 158
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150