HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Very large share capital by mistake 181 1
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 354 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 409 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,973 45
- Love is in the air 306 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,679 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 239 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 389 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 496 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 237 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 521 1
- Paying Son 651 18
- HMRC accounting 376 3
- Employers NI allowance 458 6
- Dividend taxation 378 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 288 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 266 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 455 4
- iris update 11.9.2 454 7
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 277
- CGT for NOn UK residents 274
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 267
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 247
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 212
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209