HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 53 4
- Personal pension 357 6
- How much of your work is admin? 1,167 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 863 27
- Cocaine anyone? 313 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 77 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,487 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 297 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 491 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 267 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 348 11
- Tax return software for remote working 493 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 588 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 471 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 460 9
- How to purchase business premises? 196 2
- Will I need to resign? 868 10
- Childcare vouchers 210 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 283 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 309 6
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 441
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 252
- Amortisation of Goodwill 226
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 189
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 184