HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,696 50
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 161 4
- Unpaid share capital 34 1
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 195 4
- flat rate scheme 1,399 32
- 64-8 problems 77 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 93 2
- Business trips - director and family 195 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 424 10
- Allocation of income from property 434 12
- Networking 656 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 776 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 107 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,044 22
- bookkeeping system 358 5
- Outstanding Loans 118 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 212 5
- Company van paid by director 219 2
- Private company division 210 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 262 2