HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,754 25
- Value pricing 220 8
- Audit Required 96 2
- company secretarial software 140 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 139 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 62 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 187 1
- Rental Income 299 6
- Payroll 2012/13 102 1
- I have a pain 692 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 82 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 173 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 734 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 121 3
- Cash flow 147 2
- New use of home - simplified method 247 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 267 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 395 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,955 32
- Share restructure 336 12
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 731
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 500
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 344
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 263
- VAT on Gaming Machines 211
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 199
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 184
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 176
- Director Loan account operation 147