HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- client threatening legal action 1,769 24
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 658 8
- Partially exempt? 233 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 79 1
- First VAT Visit for client 205 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 153 8
- Lorry Drivers 129 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 58 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 77 1
- Mexican student in UK 111 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 191 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 289 12
- payroll software 98 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,045 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 89 1
- Pricing 328 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 848 18
- Skandia using wrong address 481
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 276
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 271
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 218
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 211
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 202
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157