HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Related Parties Note 391 9
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 66 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 25 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 101 4
- Have i messed up? 560 9
- loss on carbon credits 81 2
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 157 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 531 9
- SAGE con 161 3
- Dazed & confused 119 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 224 2
- Overpayment relief claim 110 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 219 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,526 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 508 28
- Charity reserves 109 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,492 16
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,251 19
- do I have to pay NI? 269 4
- rates of pay query 155 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,000
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 541
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 203
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Interest on Loan to a Company 170