HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 235 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 305 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,267 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 115 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 394 15
- Companies House incorporation service 304 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 37 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 106 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 183 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 122 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 176 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 127 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 123 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,580 12
- Share Capital 98 2
- Trading income or not? 159 1
- Charge HMRC 380 3
- FRS17 query 228 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,765 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,662 29
- Xtuple 543
- Qtac payroll for bureau 373
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 309
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 286
- CIS schemes 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 203
- Investment 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 179
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177