HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,717 439
- 100% Xero practice 2,428 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 167 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 89 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 110 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 277 9
- PRR 345 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 375 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 298 7
- capital gains on PPR 165 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,248 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 339 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 422 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 356 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 293 8
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 235 3
- corp tax software 392 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 463 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 488 7
- Which tax box 213 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,310
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 472
- National Insurance 368
- Non Resident 294
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 213
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 183
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 157
- CIS paid under reg 9 151