HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Non VAT invoices 138 3
- Time to ditch Sage? 151 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 246 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 135 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 275 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,361 32
- Fees 162 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 240 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 195 2
- Form 17 Download 107 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 541 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 986 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 268 3
- Accountant Specialization. 374 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 172 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 187 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 452 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 395 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 244
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 203
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 182
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177
- AIA 177