HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,694 32
- Where has Portia gone? 725 26
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,550 72
- Rogue Accountant 2,836 46
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,290 19
- HMRC Scam 264 2
- Departments in Sage 50 93 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 234 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 323 4
- Capital Gains? 265 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 108 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 77 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 453 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 132 2
- AIA - new period 222 1
- Self assessment question 1,162 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 379 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 269 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 859 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 447 8
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 775
- RTI - duplicate employee record 512
- Pensions Regulator 441
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 396
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 279
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 228
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 227