HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Accountancy Career 326 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,698 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 92 1
- Accounts Software 155 5
- HMRC Agents Line 212 4
- calculation DTR restriction 90 1
- Company Director In Prison 460 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 84 1
- AWeb - download file 179 3
- Charity work 247 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 264 6
- Director Drawings 182 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 273 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 238 7
- Collection or business assets 117 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 275 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 109 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,677 70
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 681
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203