HMRC Letter advising refund
Just received two letters advising a client of ours is due a refund. Yes two letters, 08/09 & 09/10.
Anyway, looked at 2008/09, tax rtn submitted in Jan 10. Tax calc only shows state pension, no private pension, interest or divis. There was a tax refund claimed and received, so the one advised has been dealt with effectively.
As for 2009/10, I've not done the tax rtn for this yr yet but again HMRC's calc only deals with state pension.
I also wonder how many tax payers in this situation, even if correct, are expecting more than they will get as the refund in Yr 2 includes that of Yr 1 under 'Less other adjustments'. How many weill add the two together?
Am missing something here or after a considered review HMRC have got it wrong, again.
- Receipt bank 333 7
- Investment from Friend 162 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 117 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 336 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 624 23
- Company dividends 543 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 163 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 65 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 903 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,153 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 149 2
- TRONC scheme 103 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 705 13
- Capital Gains Relief 153 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,607 29
- Identity check problem 1,264 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 203 3
- Business Set up cost 111 1
- Aged Debtor 89 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 969 34
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 575
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 345
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 244
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166