HMRC service AGAIN
I've just had a very illuminating conversation with a complaints manager in an HMRC office.
There is a glitch in the CT system meaning any refund due in respect of a loss carry back, which is nominated elsewhere, in this case us against fees, isn't being recognised. They only because aware of this a month ago.
More interesting was his general lack enthusiasm. Apparently the Director of CT Operations thinks the system works swimmingly, despite anecdotal evidence that not an agent in the country can get through on the phone lines to anything other than the SA Agent lines.
He suggested agents use whatever means necessary to band together to make representations to the Board, as indivuidual complaints are dealt with just as that, individual complaints.
I've just had a quick look to see when the next working together meeting is, and there doesn't appear to be anything
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 783 24
- incorrect old p60 214 4
- Micro-entity accounts 39 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 961 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 83 1
- Related party disclosure 112 3
- Inflation and fees 1,275 23
- Company reconstruction 56 1
- Missing tax return 236 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 86 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 126 1
- Advice please! 379 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 110 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 339 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,929 28
- Redundancy Pay 442 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 727 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2