HMRC service AGAIN
I've just had a very illuminating conversation with a complaints manager in an HMRC office.
There is a glitch in the CT system meaning any refund due in respect of a loss carry back, which is nominated elsewhere, in this case us against fees, isn't being recognised. They only because aware of this a month ago.
More interesting was his general lack enthusiasm. Apparently the Director of CT Operations thinks the system works swimmingly, despite anecdotal evidence that not an agent in the country can get through on the phone lines to anything other than the SA Agent lines.
He suggested agents use whatever means necessary to band together to make representations to the Board, as indivuidual complaints are dealt with just as that, individual complaints.
I've just had a quick look to see when the next working together meeting is, and there doesn't appear to be anything
- Probate services 544 17
- Creative Auto Enrolment 623 9
- Bankstream 1,164 27
- Disengagement Help! 1,118 18
- Cash gift from India 382 12
- Corporation Tax releif for stolen "Bond" 55 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 488 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 113 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 436 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 164 9
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 146 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,096 20
- nominee shareholder 126 1
- True Potential AE 121 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 494 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 337 7
- Bad Debt 111 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 516 27
- Unpaid fees 224 5
- MVL 221 3