HMRC service AGAIN
I've just had a very illuminating conversation with a complaints manager in an HMRC office.
There is a glitch in the CT system meaning any refund due in respect of a loss carry back, which is nominated elsewhere, in this case us against fees, isn't being recognised. They only because aware of this a month ago.
More interesting was his general lack enthusiasm. Apparently the Director of CT Operations thinks the system works swimmingly, despite anecdotal evidence that not an agent in the country can get through on the phone lines to anything other than the SA Agent lines.
He suggested agents use whatever means necessary to band together to make representations to the Board, as indivuidual complaints are dealt with just as that, individual complaints.
I've just had a quick look to see when the next working together meeting is, and there doesn't appear to be anything
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 206 4
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 101 7
- Will I need to resign? 377 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 106 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 288 5
- Trade creditor journal 105 2
- How much of your work is admin? 676 8
- Nominal Ledger 417 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 178 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 205 5
- Old CGT loss 238 4
- Limited company purchase of property 470 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 479 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 985 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 404 9
- HMRC Distraint 146 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 162 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 231 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 446 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,382 42