HMRC service AGAIN
I've just had a very illuminating conversation with a complaints manager in an HMRC office.
There is a glitch in the CT system meaning any refund due in respect of a loss carry back, which is nominated elsewhere, in this case us against fees, isn't being recognised. They only because aware of this a month ago.
More interesting was his general lack enthusiasm. Apparently the Director of CT Operations thinks the system works swimmingly, despite anecdotal evidence that not an agent in the country can get through on the phone lines to anything other than the SA Agent lines.
He suggested agents use whatever means necessary to band together to make representations to the Board, as indivuidual complaints are dealt with just as that, individual complaints.
I've just had a quick look to see when the next working together meeting is, and there doesn't appear to be anything
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 306
- Set up a company pension 258
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 227
- RTI Fees 213
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 199
- Where's our 10%? 197
- Driving sales growth 193
- EIS 184
- Regiatration of a Trust 183
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 182
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 175
- CIS late registration 167
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 164
- Best structure 162
- Break up basis accounting 160
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 160
- Mortgage application for intending director. 153
- Property owned privately 153
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 144
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 140