Hold over relief again?
H & W were in partnership and incorporated their business. Goodwill, F&F etc "bought" by their limited company, premises retained by H&W in personal ownership. Hold over relief claimed on the company purchase of the goodwill as not sold at full market value (so that no CGT liability arose).
H & W now want to "give" their company to their son. I am thinking that they can do so, this time by giving their shares to the son, again claiming hold over relief.
The company would then own the goodwill, to be taxed at some future disposal the held over gain coming into tax. The son would then own the company, to be taxed at some future disposal of the shares, the held over gain coming into tax on eventual disposal.
Anything that I am missing?
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 238 6
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 199 7
- Dispensation pointless ? 359 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 480 8
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 119 5
- r&d payable tax credits 28 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 352 3
- CIS gross status review 160 2
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 117 2
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 191 4
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 105 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,121 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 353 10
- Claiming pension relief 60 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 280 8
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 213 3
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 205 7
- Write off of former director's loan 392 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 254 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 220 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 778
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 493
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 305
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 222
- Tax efficient holding company structure 211
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 203
- Investment property company accounts template 195
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 167