How do I achieve XBRL tagging in my CT600?
I have 2 limited companies, and filed online CT600 returns for both earlier this month.
Both were rejected as the pdf accounts attached did not have XBRL tagging. However, neither CT office could tell me anything about XBRL other than "we are as much in the dark about this as you"!! I was referred to the online help desk who, after a 31 minute call wait, told me that XBRL tagging would occur automatically when I filed online. I spoke to a senior manager at one of the CT offices, who told me that I should file my CT600 WITHOUT attaching accounts. I tried to do this, but the online submission would not work without them.
It seems that no one at HMRC has a clue about this requirement, but as the XBRL failure comes up on an automated checklist they merrily delete the CT600 that you have filed online & write to say you are in default, meaning you have to do the whole thing again "although the same thing will probably happen"!!
How can I achieve a compliant online CT600 submission with XBRL tagging? I do not see why I should be forced to buy a commercial accounting or XBRL system just because it helps HMRC. I use manual accounting as the companies are small and have few entries. Along with the plethora of other forms and submissions I have to make the whole situation has gone beyond a joke... P35's, CT600, P11D's, oh and my VAT return is now due!!!
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 154 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 144 2
- trading or dormant 71 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 45 1
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 984 11
- tax credits 93 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 489 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 163 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 550 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 248 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 97 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 184 3
- Foreign income for self employed 117 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 616 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 68 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 486 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 223 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 219 7
- Musician deductible expenses 106 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 853
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 512
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 297
- Tax efficient holding company structure 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 232
- Investment property company accounts template 222
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 216
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 184
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 154