How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- Paper tax return 17 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,309 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 212 3
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 377 13
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 135 1
- AIA or IFA 405 7
- Surely not? 393 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 617 9
- Start up allowance? 312 10
- Running two businesses from the same premises 340 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 339 7
- Late Registration for VAT 342 11
- Old CGT loss 163 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 253 5
- Nominal Ledger 322 10
- Share structures 130 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,137 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 333 5
- Business rates consultancy 211 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 172 4