How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- What do you all do in your spare time? 310 14
- HMRC RANT!!!! 274 5
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 79 2
- Scams are not always obvious 1,879 32
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 100 2
- Design your ideal tax department 911 20
- Over the VAT threshold 69 2
- Accountants website 226 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 215 3
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 230 8
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 447 19
- Does HMRC penalties apply if directors file 59 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 88 1
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 96 5
- Online Downtime 300 3
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 206 5
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 202 8
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 160 3
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 88 1
- Financial statements accounting policies 201 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,065
- Moving away from CCH software 923
- Recruitment agencies 546
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 327
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 306
- fraud 253
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 231
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 204