How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 498 4
- Reimbursing director travel costs 275 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 177 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,330 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,397 19
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 317 2
- Friday Question 497 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 384 8
- Independent Examination work programme 108 2
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 529 9
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 226 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 220 7
- Employers NI allowance 186 2
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 297 5
- Auto Enrolment 239 2
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 195 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,921 30
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 211 2
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 252 7
- Swimming Pool Income 355 4
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 488
- DTA tie-breaker issue 292
- CGT for NOn UK residents 259
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 243
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 237
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 231
- Apprenticeship Levy 227
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 219
- Just checking re PSA 210
- Capital Gains personal representatives 204