How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 69 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,254 19
- Scanners 166 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 79 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 157 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 401 9
- Payment plans for clients 118 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 226 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 238 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 444 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 178 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 794 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 145 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 487
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 234
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 199
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 136