How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,632 49
- Allocation of income from property 362 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 97 1
- bookkeeping system 289 5
- Outstanding Loans 62 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 852 21
- HELP...historic SSP query! 156 5
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 375 9
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 678 8
- Business trips - director and family 91 1
- Company van paid by director 177 2
- Private company division 191 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 223 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 372 9
- US share sale - income or capital 94 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,398 12
- flat rate scheme 1,018 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 148 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 242 2
- Before I call employers helpline 338 2