How do I systemise?
In one of the other thread Bob (Porfolio Marketing) made a really good point on franchising concept. He mentioned that one good thing that can be learnt from them is to systemise. This clearly brings efficency savings. Most of our work can be standardised - assembly line.
I would like to systemise without reinventing the wheel. By this I mean I would like to buy a system (adapt it a little). This would not be any different to buying a franchise system - procedures manual .
Here is one example of -Life time of client system:
1) Propsect - Send a confirmation of appt letter (Standard letter available)
2) Quoatation - again template
3) Eng letter
4) Welcome client letter
5) Keeping in touch with clients (email/meeting)
6) Referral thank you letter
7) Client died/lost business/ letter
8) Client resigned - Letter thanking for business and asking for a feedback and so on.
In the above case I have most of the stuff. This is one system. Other systems would be prodn of accounts/tax returns,chasing for debts etc.
I would be grateful for any suggestions on where I can buy an off the shelf system.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 29 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,242 19
- Scanners 158 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 54 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 133 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 225 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 397 9
- Payment plans for clients 89 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 220 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 217 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 389 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 434 9
- P60 or payslips? 78 1
- Property income in different capacities 95 1
- IHT dilemma 1,381 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 185 1
- IT advisory questions? 169 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 792 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 126 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,156
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 795
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 484
- Digita Hosted Software 319
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 192
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133