How does Research and Development Relief work with companies contracted by the MOD?
I've been looking at R & D relief in my tax studies as well as on HMRC and I have a client who wishes to make use of it if possible.
It's a small company that does research and development on various technologies to do with noise and vibrations with boats. For the most part from what I can tell, they meet the criteria for costs involved and trade, but I'm concerned with the criteria relating to subsidised research and subcontracting.
The director has told me that the company is been employed or contracted or something like that by the Ministry of Defence. Now this means that effectively I suspect that money would be received from them for the research. I do not know at this point whether the intellectual rights vest in the MOD or the company, but I believe it's the latter.
Can anyone advise me on what I should be looking out for when deciding whether this company has any chance of claiming R & D relief when working with the MOD?
- Payroo Employer allowance query 120 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 244 7
- Would this save hours of your time? 387 9
- Wrong career 435 18
- Laptop purchase 1,366 20
- PTP software disaster 236 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 165 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 212 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 94 2
- Director's tax return 205 3
- Tricky VAT question 157 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 106 2
- VT accounts licence key 248 5
- Weely paid employees 215 2
- Splitting the tax year 90 1
- FPS Submission 144 2
- Value pricing 642 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 208 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 136 1
- vat return 226 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 258
- Director Loan account operation 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 235
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159