How does Research and Development Relief work with companies contracted by the MOD?
I've been looking at R & D relief in my tax studies as well as on HMRC and I have a client who wishes to make use of it if possible.
It's a small company that does research and development on various technologies to do with noise and vibrations with boats. For the most part from what I can tell, they meet the criteria for costs involved and trade, but I'm concerned with the criteria relating to subsidised research and subcontracting.
The director has told me that the company is been employed or contracted or something like that by the Ministry of Defence. Now this means that effectively I suspect that money would be received from them for the research. I do not know at this point whether the intellectual rights vest in the MOD or the company, but I believe it's the latter.
Can anyone advise me on what I should be looking out for when deciding whether this company has any chance of claiming R & D relief when working with the MOD?
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 329 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 392 13
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 50 1
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 184 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 268 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 179 1
- tax insider 291 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 416 13
- Auto-Enrolment 197 3
- Annual subs 160 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 149 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 178 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 156 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 217 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 332 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 494 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 318 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 603 25
- Advice please on best way forward 442 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 347 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 409
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 313
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 219
- Advertising services? 217