How does Research and Development Relief work with companies contracted by the MOD?
I've been looking at R & D relief in my tax studies as well as on HMRC and I have a client who wishes to make use of it if possible.
It's a small company that does research and development on various technologies to do with noise and vibrations with boats. For the most part from what I can tell, they meet the criteria for costs involved and trade, but I'm concerned with the criteria relating to subsidised research and subcontracting.
The director has told me that the company is been employed or contracted or something like that by the Ministry of Defence. Now this means that effectively I suspect that money would be received from them for the research. I do not know at this point whether the intellectual rights vest in the MOD or the company, but I believe it's the latter.
Can anyone advise me on what I should be looking out for when deciding whether this company has any chance of claiming R & D relief when working with the MOD?
- How much to charge for payroll? 714 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 131 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 110 4
- BTC vs Digita 968 29
- Seeking a tax case 237 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 267 4
- See you all on the other side 216 5
- VATABLE Income 267 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 197 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 258 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 396 6
- P11D software 88 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 445 9
- VAT - business splitting 231 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 585 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 408 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 951 16
- Jersey - VAT 122 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 297 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 225 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 391
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 350
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 243
- Capital gains on rental property 225
- Sage Coretime 212
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 199