How does Research and Development Relief work with companies contracted by the MOD?
I've been looking at R & D relief in my tax studies as well as on HMRC and I have a client who wishes to make use of it if possible.
It's a small company that does research and development on various technologies to do with noise and vibrations with boats. For the most part from what I can tell, they meet the criteria for costs involved and trade, but I'm concerned with the criteria relating to subsidised research and subcontracting.
The director has told me that the company is been employed or contracted or something like that by the Ministry of Defence. Now this means that effectively I suspect that money would be received from them for the research. I do not know at this point whether the intellectual rights vest in the MOD or the company, but I believe it's the latter.
Can anyone advise me on what I should be looking out for when deciding whether this company has any chance of claiming R & D relief when working with the MOD?
- Accountant Specialization. 271 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 352 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 120 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 287 5
- . 217 2
- Freelance/Employee 659 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 199 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 170 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 172 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 460 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 106 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 597 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 689 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 138 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 197 2
- Is it just me ... 305 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 302 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 125 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 354 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 226 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 747
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 289
- S222 Charge 237
- IP trans to holding company 189
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 187
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 172
- AIA 167
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 165