How far back can HMRC go?
Client has another business which has never registered as a business - it publishes a periodical and operates like a similar business as a cooperative. Client has never set out to decieve, funds are reinvested, but has sought advice from publishers, other journals and an IFA who said 'let sleeping dogs lie'.
Obviously, the business needs to be legitimised as either a limited company or a cooperative (I need to establish membership and/or constitution), but how do I approach the Revenue? It appears that records go back over 10 years. The current gross income level is about £30k pa, I do not know about expenditure yet.
Any thoughts, help or prayers gratefully received!
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 884 24
- Missing tax return 20 1
- CG on Spanish property disposal 257 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 127 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 515 18
- Physiotherapy 207 3
- Inflation and fees 1,158 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 116 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 248 8
- CGT help please 110 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 327 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 94 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 142 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 282 1
- Community Interest Company 130 3
- Redundancy Pay 416 5
- Advice please! 332 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 742 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 629 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,285 21