How far back can HMRC go?
Client has another business which has never registered as a business - it publishes a periodical and operates like a similar business as a cooperative. Client has never set out to decieve, funds are reinvested, but has sought advice from publishers, other journals and an IFA who said 'let sleeping dogs lie'.
Obviously, the business needs to be legitimised as either a limited company or a cooperative (I need to establish membership and/or constitution), but how do I approach the Revenue? It appears that records go back over 10 years. The current gross income level is about £30k pa, I do not know about expenditure yet.
Any thoughts, help or prayers gratefully received!
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 167 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 207 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,232 35
- Mortgage Reference 552 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 259 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 217 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 233 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 808 20
- Website Content 186 1
- Personal Tax 633 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 202 1
- USA Tax Query 316 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 369 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 403 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,743 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6