How to Make Your First Few £££ Millions by Dave "Accountax" Smith
I just received an unsolicited fax purporting to be from David Smith selling his new eBook for £29.95.
I would be interesting in reading about Dave's story but I am not sure whether this is a legitimate offering or whether it is just a scam.
I am suspicious for the following reasons:
- I can find no reference to this publication on the internet.
- He is asking for a cheque to be sent to Purple Goose Publishing which appears to actually be the 'Purple Goose' pub in Milton Keynes.
- It is only in eBook format.
- The contact address given is a generic IP 'email@example.com'.
Perhaps somebody could confirm the legitimacy for me.
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 237 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 169 4
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 525 20
- Administrative restoration 87 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,611 13
- Bereavment payment 123 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 109 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,133 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 282 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 363 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,301 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 163 2
- Companies House incorporation service 365 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 85 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 203 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 281 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 150 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 163 3
- Share Capital 143 2
- Trading income or not? 210 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 191
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180