How many people have rung you up today asking for an instant tax return?
So far (3pm)
We have had 2 existing clients, and 3 new enquiries.
All 5 of them sounded put out when we explained that no, we where not sitting here with am empty desk and no, there was no chance at all of filing their returns by the end of Monday.
I think we are all done now, just got 5 completed awaiting payment/signatures, 2 unfinished awaiting information and 4 not started.
Pub time! If anyone calls I was too busy to pick up the phone.
- Classic cars investment 278 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 439 10
- Gift or Capital Gain? 419 13
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 736 17
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 208 4
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 616 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 189 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,117 29
- BrightPay 731 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 106 3
- VAT silly question 2,508 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 67 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,904 44
- VAT Adjustments 162 5
- Tronc Scheme 90 1
- How much to charge? 389 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 252 6
- Sell business after leaving country 245 5
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 408 7
- Abolish the penalty regime 400 6
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 449
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 438
- New Fangled Penalties 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 239
- Clubs and Taxable Income 230
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 225
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 209
- Loans to other companies 176