How many people have rung you up today asking for an instant tax return?
So far (3pm)
We have had 2 existing clients, and 3 new enquiries.
All 5 of them sounded put out when we explained that no, we where not sitting here with am empty desk and no, there was no chance at all of filing their returns by the end of Monday.
I think we are all done now, just got 5 completed awaiting payment/signatures, 2 unfinished awaiting information and 4 not started.
Pub time! If anyone calls I was too busy to pick up the phone.
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 244 3
- Cocaine anyone? 81 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,455 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 798 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 423 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 238 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 462 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 506 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 421 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 442 9
- How to purchase business premises? 145 2
- Will I need to resign? 807 10
- Childcare vouchers 160 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 297 6
- VAT avoidance? 220 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 183 3
- PAYE coding out 179 3
- Follower cases 574 2
- Hive up 469
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 437
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 215
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 199
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 177
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 176