How many people have rung you up today asking for an instant tax return?
So far (3pm)
We have had 2 existing clients, and 3 new enquiries.
All 5 of them sounded put out when we explained that no, we where not sitting here with am empty desk and no, there was no chance at all of filing their returns by the end of Monday.
I think we are all done now, just got 5 completed awaiting payment/signatures, 2 unfinished awaiting information and 4 not started.
Pub time! If anyone calls I was too busy to pick up the phone.
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 444 4
- VAT on new builds 87 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 649 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 328 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 98 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 88 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 99 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,785 26
- Missing tax return 136 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 901 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 268 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 150 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 543 18
- Physiotherapy 224 3
- Inflation and fees 1,197 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 145 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 267 8
- CGT help please 131 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 333 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 121 2