How many people have rung you up today asking for an instant tax return?
So far (3pm)
We have had 2 existing clients, and 3 new enquiries.
All 5 of them sounded put out when we explained that no, we where not sitting here with am empty desk and no, there was no chance at all of filing their returns by the end of Monday.
I think we are all done now, just got 5 completed awaiting payment/signatures, 2 unfinished awaiting information and 4 not started.
Pub time! If anyone calls I was too busy to pick up the phone.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,481 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 154 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 100 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 286 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 237 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,237 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 373 6
- Go Cardless 388 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 334 3
- Mehjoo 337 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 158 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 415 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 349 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 304 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 220 4
- Hmrc software 265 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 203 1
- Hosted email exchange 196 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 214
- Domain name sale and limited company 184
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 157