How many people have rung you up today asking for an instant tax return?
So far (3pm)
We have had 2 existing clients, and 3 new enquiries.
All 5 of them sounded put out when we explained that no, we where not sitting here with am empty desk and no, there was no chance at all of filing their returns by the end of Monday.
I think we are all done now, just got 5 completed awaiting payment/signatures, 2 unfinished awaiting information and 4 not started.
Pub time! If anyone calls I was too busy to pick up the phone.
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 266 11
- Tax return software for remote working 417 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 414 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 751 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 375 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 425 9
- How to purchase business premises? 103 2
- Will I need to resign? 760 10
- Childcare vouchers 109 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 257 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- VAT avoidance? 191 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 164 3
- PAYE coding out 148 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 443 12
- TheTax Donut 1,136 1
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 702 10
- How to explain this to someone 412 2
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 429
- corporate hierarchy 411
- Advice - 239
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 209
- Amortisation of Goodwill 207
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 187
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 169