How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Industrial & Provident Societies 366 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,307 47
- Self assesment losses 348 9
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 240 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 28 1
- Disposal of an opted property 199 3
- Fee protection 970 19
- Payroll systems 433 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 188 3
- dividend 273 12
- overdrawn directors loan 289 6
- Irish Taxation 175 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 71 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 128 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 202 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 282 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 148 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 466 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 169 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 171 5
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 239
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 215
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Tax on damages received 184
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 142