How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Legal title not in the company name 764 23
- 27,000 Really? 1,043 32
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 61 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 69 1
- This is getting boring 580 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 232 7
- pension paid by company? 88 3
- inheritance tax 398 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 321 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 216 4
- State pension 289 3
- Accountancy Career 107 1
- CIC Company 653 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,816 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,276 66
- Deduction from Salary 641 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 431 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,687 16
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 308 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 334
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 307
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 278
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 249
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221