How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,857 446
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 248 5
- Freehold or Investment Property 83 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 833 8
- capital gains on PPR 264 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 377 14
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 206 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 222 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,305 62
- Company expansion 115 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 385 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 504 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 528 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,485 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 271 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 205 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 184 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 304 9
- PRR 376 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 418 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159