How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 324 12
- Transferring rental property to limited company 291 10
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 48 1
- Revenue phishing examples 52 1
- iris update 11.9.2 155 2
- Land Registry 195 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 429 13
- Company Number 10000000 200 3
- IR35 325 4
- 2015 tax year end 512 1
- Company Structure 229 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,279 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 754 17
- Advertising Tips? 209 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,455 14
- Cloud-based email services? 261 6
- Dormant co. now trading 320 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,700 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 232 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 427 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 728
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 430
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 353
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 259
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 207
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195