How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 16 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,146 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 260 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 330 7
- Personal Tax 355 10
- Xerocon 2016 903 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,576 24
- Corrupt Excel File 638 9
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 70 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,924 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 144 4
- last minute request 411 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 294 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,221 46
- Practical experience 887 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 261 2
- Mortgage Reference 267 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 200 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 451 9
- VAT 318 1