How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- New Practice 123 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 77 2
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 781 28
- Goods Purchased for Rental 523 29
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 229 3
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,124 16
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 87 1
- Taxfiler V's BTC 616 23
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,987 25
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 428 8
- Valuation of business 307 5
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 158 7
- Dividend Payments 413 10
- I.d for vat registration 178 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 148 4
- builder's 'cost only' job 192 1
- Myfirmsapp 634 13
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 289 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 184 3
- CIS Deductions 149 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,010
- International interest certificate 588
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 515
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 355
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 335
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 229
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 222
- Quickbooks 2015 152