How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Dates, more dates and cessation 32 1
- VAT on Exhibition services 78 2
- Filling in my self assessment 945 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 135 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 265 7
- proposed dividends 630 22
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 421 6
- FPS responses ... 497 16
- Nominal Codes 261 9
- Any printer recommendations? 118 3
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 201 7
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 223 2
- Valuing Famiy Shareholding 184 3
- HMRC SMP Calculator - does it still exist? 118 2
- Alcohol VAT reclaim 163 1
- HMRC repayment has gone to wrong bank account - quickest way to resolve? 437 6
- RSU and double taxation 186 2
- Capital gains on tax return - attachments 282 8
- Option to Tax 181 3
- Out of date tax returns 215 1
- Sanzar 497
- Digital marketing focus group 397
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 377
- Sainsbury's mangement 326
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 324
- Continuity Agreement 320
- Avanti Accounts 319
- Buyback 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 230
- Aggresive sales from Iris 194