How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 92 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 197 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 188 3
- Sorry ignore me 871 24
- Invoice Help 188 5
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 535 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,910 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,219 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 122 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 778 20
- VAT & capitalising 43 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 289 5
- Free Shares ? 230 2
- Is this a scam? 546 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 289 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 269 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 143 1
- Peer to Peer lending 862 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 97 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 210 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 529
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 283
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 186
- Probiz 168
- What's the market like for temps? 163
- Married woman dies owning marital home 159