How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 152 6
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,042 29
- Classic cars investment 141 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 229 3
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 412 7
- Cater Allen Commission 114 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 211 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 703 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 92 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 60 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 65 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 116 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 489 13
- Sage at it again? 358 5
- BrightPay 509 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 192 5
- Is this a scam? 1,586 27
- S455 457 21
- client issues 328 4
- Capital Gain? 362 9
- Benchmarking 466
- Possible Partnership? 415
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 387
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 331
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 195
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 172
- Clubs and Taxable Income 169
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165