How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 124 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 427 8
- Fees 424 5
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 498 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 271 3
- www.pool.adzio 125 2
- Time to ditch Sage? 380 6
- Losses carry forward to self employed 156 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,870 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 274 3
- HMRC Post 556 7
- Transactions with directors 469 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 308 9
- Non VAT invoices 240 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 241 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,428 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 272 5
- Form 17 Download 189 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 588 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 404 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 765
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 417
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 369
- Electric Car 302
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 213
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 189
- AIA 186
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 181