How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 237 5
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 437 13
- CIS not deducted 133 2
- Business only use of company car 454 17
- RTI Mess 414 7
- New Company reviews please 300 9
- Sage Accounts in a mess 416 8
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 970 7
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 857 23
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 392 6
- Tax efficient vehicle 585 11
- CGT on Let Property 172 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 340 6
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 445 13
- Another AE question 249 2
- FRSSE 2015 AND AMORTISATION OF GOODWILL 158 1
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 278 2
- Going through security 434 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 292 11
- Retail business software/accounting system 178 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 264
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 233
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 224
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 204
- Expenses Software 184
- Any thoughts on Capium? 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 172
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- cgt quoted shares losses 163
- auto enrolment 160