How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 24 1
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 602 25
- HMRC Enquiry 448 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 183 2
- Share swap 79 1
- Cashback 310 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 950 13
- another ir35!!!! 180 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 240 1
- Settlement, or any other issues? 76 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 90 3
- Buying blocks of fees 364 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 270 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 169 2
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 259 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 174 1
- Wear and tear allowance 333 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 675 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 148 3
- tax insider 395 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,424
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 735
- Any views 672
- HMRC Employers Diary 501
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 376
- Sale of business 327
- NOVA 237
- Advertising services? 230
- IRIS Open Books problem 220