How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 108 7
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,634 23
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 81 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 246 6
- Companies House 290 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 105 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 101 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 335 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 114 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 214 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 669 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 659 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 143 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 676 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 486 5
- Director self assessment 410 16
- SA tax assessments 170 2
- Sage Import Data 182 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 240 2
- Dividend Vouchers 293 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 432
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 243
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 218
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 215
- Slight twist on employment related securities 198
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 147
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 143