How often should I meet my clients?
All the well known accountantants support businesses suggest accountants should meet their clients on a regular basis. They do not talk about the practicalities.
For me this is a difficult one since it would impact on my time in a big way. Further, I am not sure which my clients would want to see me and which ones would rather not. On writing this post, I am thinking this is one area to make clear to clients at the time of engagement.
Like most, I am sure, my preferred way of communicating with clients is through emails. At the same time I need to meet clients needs before they start walking away.
I would be grateful if you could share your experience/ ideas / pearls of wisdom on:
- How oftern do you meet your clients?
- Which clients do you meet? Is it the high fee paying ones?
- What is on the agenda?
- How much of your time is taken up on meeting clients?
- Where do you meet clients? Your place or theirs? Travel time to their place would be an issue for me.
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 118 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 147 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 320 6
- CGT history of shares 166 3
- CGT on sale of let property 99 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 161 2
- how do i get UTR 126 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 78 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 228 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 380 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 116 1
- Your comments please 306 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 182 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 113 2
- EIS 192 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 120 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 111 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 112 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 720 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 200 1
- Moving away from CCH software 964
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 378
- fraud 301
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 274
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 219
- Out of time or not? 205