How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 231 4
- I have done a terrible thing 388 10
- How much does the company pay 331 9
- HMRC property income enquiry 150 5
- LLp Profits 102 5
- Consolidation Software 58 1
- two business from one premises 79 2
- AIA 211 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 297 20
- partnership tax return 123 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 109 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 65 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 286 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,150 27
- Anyone else still working this week? 201 4
- s455 tax 112 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 81 1
- Am I getting Soft?? 559 12
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 200 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,493 44
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 492
- corporate hierarchy 463
- Advice - 313
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 260
- WWOOFers 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 231
- The booking.com con 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 211
- Cocaine anyone? 202
- UK State pension paid in NZ 169