How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 241 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 449 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 531 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 138 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 279 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 102 2
- Limited company buying a car 123 3
- ACCA practice certificates 489 5
- Limited company buying director's car 284 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 67 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 79 1
- WC's and capital allowances 171 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 299 13
- Dress code 1,539 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 474 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 253 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 373 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 468 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 177 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 104 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 476
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 394
- Employment related securities question 307
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 170
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147