How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Cash basis 653 20
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 342 17
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 489 6
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 342 11
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 109 2
- payroll software 480 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 297 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 535 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 271 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 84 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 277 3
- Statutory sick pay 382 5
- client threatening legal action 2,201 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 163 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 231 1
- Instant CPD offer 335 3
- Income from rent charged to business 210 2
- Dividend in specie 402 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 199 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 158 1
- Skandia using wrong address 590
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 323
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 320
- Employee rewards 300
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 265
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 197
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 140
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 137