How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,290 46
- Disposal of an opted property 196 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 362 2
- Fee protection 966 19
- Payroll systems 429 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 180 3
- dividend 255 12
- overdrawn directors loan 286 6
- Irish Taxation 173 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 66 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 123 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 200 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 278 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 131 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 466 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 162 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 166 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 266 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 211 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 342 2
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 239
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Tax on damages received 184
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152