How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Class 2 NIC 241 5
- Account and Taxable Profit 254 14
- Probate services 426 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 361 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,699 37
- Accounting for corporation tax 178 5
- Vat payable on van 105 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 238 7
- Community Faux Pas 918 26
- Cash gift from India 106 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,306 40
- Windows10 168 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 621 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 468 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 222 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 382 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 791 14
- An IT question 290 6
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 304
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 247
- Payroll manager and the cloud 216
- Is the APN valid 196