How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 280 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 193 6
- Non-compete agreement 179 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 196 1
- Any views 737 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 94 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 206 6
- IRIS Practice Management 144 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 106 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 275 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 91 1
- Was I rude 781 19
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 173 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 306 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 256 1
- Top slicing relief question 234 2
- Valuation of PET on death 121 2
- Share swap 293 8
- Online filing 172 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 334 13
- Skandia using wrong address 1,482
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 817
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 420
- Sale of business 395
- NOVA 288
- IRIS Open Books problem 284
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 201
- Bonus Bonds 174
- Management expenses for investment company 172