How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 505 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 269 4
- Late registration for MOSS 198 4
- Professional Clearance 1,006 24
- Self employed care worker 406 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 232 5
- Client right to working papers 141 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 318 7
- Illegal share transfer 424 5
- Audacity 853 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 146 2
- Company Strike off 1,798 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,073 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 370 3
- Estate admin practicalities 207 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,472 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 311 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 341 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 329 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 364
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 328
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 249