How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 403 4
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 156 3
- RTI Easement Until 2016 69 2
- Altered PAYE cheque 360 8
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 342 9
- Write off of former director's loan 675 10
- Added years superannuation 97 3
- RTI 251 6
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 35 1
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 131 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 787 19
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 328 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,063 64
- Sole trader - bank statements 239 13
- Am i Liable? 546 14
- Childcare vouchers 85 1
- Late registration for VAT 87 1
- Experienced Mentor 125 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 885 14
- which software to use? 308 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,253
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 616
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 413
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 322
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 226
- Alphabet shares 204
- Agent fees to sell business 195
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 194
- Office recharges 157
- Tax position on lease extension 145