How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 149 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 132 4
- Company Payroll 116 2
- Interim dividends 168 5
- Dates, more dates and cessation 92 2
- Any printer recommendations? 181 6
- Out of date tax returns 257 2
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 159 3
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,068 6
- Filling in my self assessment 979 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 170 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 339 7
- proposed dividends 662 22
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 449 6
- FPS responses ... 521 16
- Nominal Codes 283 9
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 219 7
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 239 2
- Valuing Famiy Shareholding 204 3
- HMRC SMP Calculator - does it still exist? 137 2
- Sanzar 499
- Digital marketing focus group 399
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 379
- Sainsbury's mangement 332
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 330
- Continuity Agreement 326
- Avanti Accounts 323
- Buyback 286
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 233
- Aggresive sales from Iris 203