How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Accountants website 287 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 24 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 585 27
- Retrospective VAT Claim 73 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 321 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,384 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 202 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 375 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 144 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 189 2
- VAT on employee loan 243 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 178 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 700 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 146 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 75 2
- Purchased Goodwill 109 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 95 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 205 4
- Recruitment agencies 584 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 520 20
- New Fangled Penalties 1,076
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 262
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189