How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Dress code 38 3
- directors control and tax problems 116 4
- Bulk Invoicing 162 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 190 5
- What would you do in this situation? 511 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 138 3
- Help Required 289 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 228 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 408 14
- What's in a name ? 257 4
- ATED Penalties 267 1
- late second payment on account 161 2
- US royalties 87 2
- Project being run jointly 133 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 179 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 196 3
- Sole trader mix up 298 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 742 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 900 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 211 4
- CTA study material 701
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 424
- Employment related securities question 266
- AIM Stocks and IHT 245
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 186
- Expat pension contributions? 184
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 164
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 157
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 118