How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 708 11
- Sports Sponsorship 24 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 425 14
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 184 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 192 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 89 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,250 14
- Best software for small practice? 528 19
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 72 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 331 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,237 21
- HMRC Enquiry 426 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 152 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 279 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,399 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 163 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 760 7
- Directors' advances and credits 347 1
- HMRC Statements 351 5
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 546 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 193
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 177