How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 42 1
- break even point 517 14
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 80 4
- IHT Query 200 4
- How much to charge? 57 1
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 362 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 417 2
- BrightPay 674 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 227 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 429 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 204 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 372 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 375 8
- SDLT on leases 128 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 384 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 949 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 308 4
- Statutary sick pay 227 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 321 4
- Director Salary 376 2
- Possible Partnership? 457
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 431
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 422
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 223
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 219
- Clubs and Taxable Income 213
- Income tax on foreign dividends 204
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 200
- New Fangled Penalties 200
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 168