How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- What are my legal responsibilities 253 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 44 1
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 321 4
- No more tax returns... 1,514 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 406 6
- Signed accounts for bank 246 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 468 10
- Landing clients 387 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,138 22
- Termination Payment 174 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 184 3
- CRM / marketing 98 2
- Allocation of income from property 750 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,867 28
- Opening a Quick books file 112 1
- 64-8 problems 513 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 345 10
- Payment on account reminders 236 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 107 3
- Hello 516 4