How to stop the revenue hassling me..
I completed my P35 end of year return mid-May using their online service (which I was really pleased with - works great and I love being able to print my P60's etc)
Anyway, a few months later a got a printed reminder in the post, saying it was overdue. I rang my tax office and they said, "yes, we can see you submitted it, ignore the letter". So I did.
A month or so later, another reminder arrives, this time warning of interest etc. AGain, I ring my office, and they again confirm they do actually have my return. They dont know why they are sending me reminders.
This week, I got a phone call from Glasgow office, asking me again why I havnt submitted my return. I almost lost my cool, but carefully explained the whole saga.
I am half expecting a letter with a fine for not submitting my return, so when/if it arrives, what should I do? How do I convince the revenue they do actually have my return and to stop hassling me for it?
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,402 385
- P11D Query 161 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 146 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 140 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 93 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,255 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 500 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 265 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,280 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 123 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 174 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 111 1
- Scottish but not UK 323 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 290 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 101 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 444 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 106 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 300 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 332
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 326
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 244
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152