I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Taxable income from property and separation 25 1
- Use of home deduction 287 11
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 947 29
- smp employee made redundant 65 1
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 230 16
- Goodwill adjustment 124 3
- Non resident income. 142 7
- Do you lose losses on cessation 401 11
- How do you get HMRC to pay you SMP? 146 3
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 148 4
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 141 4
- Software 83 2
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 265 7
- Knuckle down one week to go! 950 21
- client can't/won't pay 1,290 22
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,321 79
- Self assessment help 150 1
- Worried over stock value 428 13
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 95 3
- Does anyone know the phone number for Bootle compliance? 72 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 843
- Copy Wanted 576
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 522
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 503
- Latest phishing scam 373
- Entrepreneurs' relief 352
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 312
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 298
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 291
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 201