I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 96 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 408 8
- Tolley UK sales number 196 7
- Starting new accounting business 182 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 428 10
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 98 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 336 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 118 2
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 139 1
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 60 3
- VAT registration - which address? 53 1
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 79 2
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 224 4
- On line Remote Training 238 7
- Clients 594 11
- Group Relief 76 1
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 102 4
- Transfer of stock 250 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 152 1
- New client procedure 305 4
- QROP pension input amounts 490
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 469
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 436
- EPS and CIS deductions 291
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 282
- Construction CIS LLP Company 273
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 236
- SAGE winforecast 196
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 179
- Overdrawn director account 171