I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 165 5
- The importance of Grammar 474 12
- Directors loan balance write off in period 320 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 35 1
- Childcare 181 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,396 52
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 155 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 130 2
- Sole Trader 274 6
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 445 7
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 424 19
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,155 14
- Freelance Accounting link 199 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 126 4
- Hannah's blog post about fish 651 6
- Is this dodgy? 610 15
- App recommendations 538 6
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 115 1
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 238 3
- Can I claim VAT back on accounting fees? 399 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 353
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 285
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 270
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 270
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 256
- Electric Car 214
- S222 Charge 194
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 185
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 183
- Company Structure 161