I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,034 31
- Closing down loss-making company 131 2
- AccountingWEB survey 426 7
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 737 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 722 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 291 1
- Mortgage Reference 665 9
- BrightPay quirks 335 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,380 50
- VAT disaggregation 138 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 546 6
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 83 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 437 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,345 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 231 2
- Appointment of director 108 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 226 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 294 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 370 7
- Insovent companies 931 19