I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 540 17
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 3,306 22
- Wear and tear allowance 1,104 11
- Was there ever a time limit for claiming taper relief? 118 2
- CIC Dividend Cap 231 7
- IHT dilemma 627 13
- New business - journal entries 463 23
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 226 1
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 87 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 748 25
- Director's loan account in credit 346 3
- Contract worker paying Employers NI 157 3
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 261 5
- CT/CIS offset 237 3
- accounting for this transaction 274 1
- Why should I retain membership? 3,022 49
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 327 7
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 297 3
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 124 1
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 412 14
- Auto enrolment excuses 932
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 734
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 420
- Digita Hosted Software 227
- Social investment tax relief 226
- Excuses, excuses!!! 221
- Call Centre Data Costs 213
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 201
- Travel costs and contractors 190
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 181