I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,598 24
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 59 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 90 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,867 35
- Real names 1,117 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 507 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 129 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,371 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 666 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 233 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 98 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 131 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 288 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,977 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,955 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 89 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 119 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 165 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 117 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 89 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 580
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 454
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 353
- IFA incorporation 337
- Sorry ignore me 320
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 270
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 261
- Cancelled 203
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 174