I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- General tax book with planning 129 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,178 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 263 11
- Gift of property & improvements 99 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 327 5
- VAT Invoice 110 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 791 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 114 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 197 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 161 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 134 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 432 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 358 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 244 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 176 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 257 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,641 41
- Renting for military reasons 189 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,619
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 899
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 290
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 171
- P11D benefit received by widow 148