I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- You cannot be Serious!!! 133 1
- Top slicing relief question 207 2
- Valuation of PET on death 63 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 200 6
- Share swap 275 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 61 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 86 2
- Online filing 116 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 313 13
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 119 4
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,651 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 86 2
- Converting a barn for business use 73 1
- Was I rude 671 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 209 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 99 2
- Joint rental income 101 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 316 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 132 4
- Auto enrolment 380 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 802
- Any views 723
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 382
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 276
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 181