I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 392 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 221 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 282 11
- Tax return software for remote working 431 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 450 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 770 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 391 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 431 9
- How to purchase business premises? 114 2
- Will I need to resign? 776 10
- Childcare vouchers 127 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 263 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 292 6
- VAT avoidance? 198 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 170 3
- PAYE coding out 158 3
- Follower cases 568 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 449 2
- Late Registration for VAT 448 12
- TheTax Donut 1,140 1
- Hive up 466
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 431
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 241
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 196
- WWOOFers 191
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 171
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 171
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 167