I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 132 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 199 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 273 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 117 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 897 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 221 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 125 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 256 7
- New Email Extensions 142 1
- SA302 203 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,094 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 275 2
- Dental practice incorpration 127 1
- Audit rules 165 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 148 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 183 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 91 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 172 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154