I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,238 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 450 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,424 28
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,249 25
- Dividend dates 433 7
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 179 5
- Not a good start no broadband 450 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 126 2
- is this fraud? 702 12
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 698 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 195 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 67 1
- Intrastat triangulation 60 1
- CGT 147 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 186 4
- Question regarding gym training 375 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 162 3
- CIS Deductions 233 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 166 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 585
- Cancelled 342
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 328
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 234
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 174
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 173
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150