I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- Time to react ? ? ? 281 3
- Sage 200 question 130 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 129 3
- flat rate scheme 1,928 38
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 131 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 638 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 156 3
- Company Share Buy Back 139 2
- Charitable Payment 211 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 939 15
- Unpaid share capital 258 3
- Company car in the LLP 197 2
- Physiotherapy 346 4
- New build property to be rented 190 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,886 52
- Hello 362 2
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 121 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 201 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 200 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 232 4