I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,176 19
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,232 12
- Best software for small practice? 332 11
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 145 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 129 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 280 6
- HMRC Statements 267 4
- Costly Accounting Software contract 435 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 236 3
- Company Number 10000000 619 5
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 199 2
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 208 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,328 21
- Cloud-based email services? 580 11
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 479 6
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 158 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 685 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 441 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 544 12
- Land Registry 344 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 756
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 304
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 241
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 185