I am getting more and more emails asking for quotes. Are they serious?
I don't think I've ever had a serious potential client who has asked for a quote via email.
I got this email last week. They actually wanted a quote before taking it further.
I have had my company for over 3 years, my year end was Oct 31st 2010.
Below are the services that my current accountant offers.
· Year end accounts and Corporation Tax Return
· Payroll bureau
· Shareholder and Dividend advice
· Dealing with Inland Revenue and Companies House
· Completion of VAT returns
· Completion of Annual Return
· Personal Taxation – including P11D, Tax Return
· IR35 compliance and solutions
· Unlimited direct access to your accountant for all help and advice
· Free bookkeeping software
· Registered Office service
· IR35 contract review
· Company closure
Could you please let me know if you are offering the same services? Also how quickly could I swap to you?"
I pointed out that the email gave no clue of regularity of payroll or number of employees. Why do they want dormant company/close company/corporation tax return all in one. They want me to quote for "unlimited direct access"?
Another potential client's email gave some information:
"Want help with the following works.
1. Bookkeeping (max 100 vouchers), taxes, VAT, monthly report and annual accounts.
2. Address of the company in London
3. Event person- writing in England
4. Instructions for opening bank account
Operations started on January 1, 2011. Got a comment from HM Revenue & Customs . Measure? Maybe for late…
Await Your offer as soon as possible."
I offered to meet with both of them but all they seem to want is a quote. They appear to be clowns. I get plenty of sensible clients so it doesn't worry me but it's amazing what dross is out there.
- HMRC Uncleared Credit 109 2
- The return of George A? 151 10
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 31 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 787 35
- Audit and paypal balances 118 6
- Classic cars investment 440 12
- Dividends & S455 111 2
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 233 6
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 200 2
- Transfer of shares to ultimate controlling party 113 7
- Professional Qualification 455 7
- Missing C79 107 4
- Buying fees 579 4
- Tiwan contractor 67 2
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 341 8
- IHT Query 364 7
- Payroll handover information 131 2
- National Insurance Contributions 270 6
- Freehold Property Depreciation 201 9
- Jointly owned property 157 3
- Possible Partnership? 541
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 535
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 473
- New Fangled Penalties 336
- Clubs and Taxable Income 281
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 266
- Loans to other companies 210
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 197
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 168
- Outsource Data Entry 165