I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 77 3
- Drop box Storage 452 6
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 34 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,657 14
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 48 3
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 265 9
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,084 45
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 392 19
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 556 16
- Employing a carer 192 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,177 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 101 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 104 3
- Which profit figure to use 72 1
- rti 121 4
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 166 2
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 139 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 137 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 161 1
- Can't read my handwriting 746 18
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,383
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 527
- National Insurance 428
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 249
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 156
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153