I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Corporation Tax Software 392 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 78 1
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 28 1
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,005 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 663 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 82 1
- Auto enrolment 124 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 129 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 93 4
- Regular Director bonus 441 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 145 1
- Registration as self-employed 127 1
- BrightPay 1,091 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 532 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 348 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,109 17
- BIK for an electric car 164 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,629 90
- How do I save face? 2,369 14
- Goodie bag 3,101 72
- Possible Partnership? 689
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 513
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 334
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 275
- Moving away from CCH software 265
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 255
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207