I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Termination Payment 307 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 149 4
- Signed accounts for bank 371 8
- flat rate scheme 2,123 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 74 1
- Landing clients 508 16
- Opening a Quick books file 178 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 489 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 262 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 232 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 248 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 247 1
- Confict of Interest 347 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 272 4
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 354 5
- P11d query 287 5
- Rental expenses 132 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 165 5
- No more tax returns... 1,571 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 440 6