I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,862 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 236 2
- Xerocon 2016 801 12
- Personal Tax 175 2
- Mortgage Reference 159 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 147 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 431 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 209 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 172 1
- last minute request 277 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 499 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 452 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 118 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 270 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6