I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Remittances 115 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 108 1
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 185 1
- Shareholder agreement 197 4
- Corporation tax due date confusion 116 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,493 21
- Accountants' Error 765 16
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 170 5
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 168 3
- Scoot 215 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 168 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 232 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 670 11
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 123 1
- Regaining my qualification 249 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 251 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 282 2
- Auto enrolment 223 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 202 3
- Company Reorganisation 176 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,461
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 777
- Any views 706
- HMRC Employers Diary 527
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 397
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 264
- Advertising services? 262
- IRIS Open Books problem 255