I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- format cell to exclude decimals 291 16
- CT600 217 6
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 18 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 381 10
- Lease 85 4
- Free invoicing software 477 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 32 1
- Digita Hosted Software 385 4
- signature required 846 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,261 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 145 5
- Thin Client recomendation 194 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 176 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 129 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 104 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 119 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,277 15
- Homing sandwiches 838 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 242 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 233 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 848
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 332
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 217
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 167
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 140