I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 449 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 27 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 33 2
- Boffin of the Year 177 7
- Giving a seminar 642 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 896 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 335 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 317 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 117 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 437 9
- equipment rental 70 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 380 16
- Non sequitur 170 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,194 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 574 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 127 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 264 9
- Am i Liable? 804 19
- Joint Filing Help 167 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 245 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,281
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 631
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 417
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 244
- Alphabet shares 215
- Agent fees to sell business 206
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 201
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156