I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Taxation of rental income 244 5
- Scams are not always obvious 735 21
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 142 2
- Restructuring company and Form 42 52 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 219 9
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 158 5
- Overseas company and VAT 33 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 139 2
- Personal allowance 441 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 471 12
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 158 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 165 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 108 3
- Related party disclosures 180 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 187 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 100 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 626 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 294 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 265 8
- Is this legal? 638 9
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 906
- Recruitment agencies 530
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 364
- Deemed Employment Payment 347
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- fraud 225
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 224