I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 784 20
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 950 53
- Go Cardless 250 8
- business entertaining deductibility 106 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 98 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 218 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 64 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 101 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 137 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 123 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Audit rules 134 3
- Hosted email exchange 121 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 141 1
- G P life time allowance 111 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 210 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 128 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 109 2
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 149
- CIS schemes 145