I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,444 37
- PITA client 167 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 342 9
- What are options for non CA firm 2,608 56
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,299 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 727 15
- Dividend dates 471 8
- R&D tax credit claim 202 5
- CIS Deductions 267 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 88 1
- is this fraud? 769 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 480 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,510 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 209 5
- Not a good start no broadband 479 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 170 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 218 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 88 1
- Intrastat triangulation 74 1
- CGT 152 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 595
- Cancelled 344
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 239
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 171
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151