I am not a traditional accountant!! Anyone else like this?
I am a Qualified ACCA, Masters and work for a large company earning very good money.
However I didnt really ever want to be an accountant but thought it would be a good career. Half way through my studies I thought I cant continue not because of the work element or bad marks quite the contrary. I just thought this is dull.
However I managed to trick myself into working hard with the belief of starting my own company at the end of my studies (as an accountant would provide a sound basis for this etc).
Now I am at the point where on qualifying I have been promoted GREAT but I find it all mildly dull compared to my other qualified colleagues who love it. I work at a great company people are fab, money good, good prospects.
I have looked at other jobs with recruitment consultants and all the jobs are the same.
Is there anyone else out there feel like this and if so what are they doing or did about it?
Really interested to know!!!
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 22 1
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,001 8
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 84 5
- Best software for small practice? 48 1
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 431 5
- HMRC Statements 98 2
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 636 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 349 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 500 12
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 237 4
- Cloud-based email services? 492 10
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 119 1
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,133 18
- Land Registry 305 4
- Car benefit or not? 2,262 19
- Excel First Tab/Last Tab missing in latest version(s) 378 4
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 631 20
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 573 12
- Time recording 344 5
- Auto enrolment without a PAYE scheme? 158 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 747
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 445
- Costly Accounting Software contract 384
- Directors' advances and credits 296
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 266
- DTA tie-breaker issue 256
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 215
- CGT for NOn UK residents 207
- Apprenticeship Levy 187