I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Share restructure 213 6
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 47 2
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 180 4
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 35 2
- VAT registration threshold 596 22
- £2000 Employment Allowance 51 1
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 663 16
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 271 5
- First RTI P45 130 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 78 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 123 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 159 2
- Gross sales to purchases 159 1
- I know ... 1,261 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 697 18
- Tax on principal private residence 237 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 237 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 265 2
- Personal pension contributions 267 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 334 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 704
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 474
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 282
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 248
- growth voucher supplier 225
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 172
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156