I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 102 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 586 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 606 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 64 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 335 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 232 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 215 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 87 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 363 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,379 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 278 5
- NOVA 546 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 260 10
- Regional Development Grant 108 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,369 21
- Company car without a salary 220 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 386 10
- Charity donations 1,062 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 142 2
- VAT on finance leases 198 3
- Bonus Bonds 389
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 376
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 287
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 184
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 169
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 129