I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Fees 25 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 181 6
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 49 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 217 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 153 2
- Non VAT invoices 57 1
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 213 7
- Form 17 Download 63 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,331 31
- Claiming VAT on car lease 530 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 363 4
- HMRC Information notice 977 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 259 3
- Accountant Specialization. 361 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,734 42
- Sage Line 50 160 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 159 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 427 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 387 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 157 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 199
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 172
- AIA 171