I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 412 9
- vat help for catering concession 88 1
- More AE! 109 6
- Merger of Two companies 520 20
- RTI and Directors' salaries 81 1
- Merging 487 12
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 210 6
- Excuses, excuses!!! 378 1
- Travel costs and contractors 216 1
- Why should I retain membership? 3,485 56
- Merger of Two companies 408 14
- VAT overcharged to customers 393 6
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 109 1
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 178 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 98 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 172 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 301 10
- IHT dilemma 998 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 912 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 276 8
- Auto enrolment excuses 975
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 742
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 429
- Digita Hosted Software 246
- Social investment tax relief 241
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 240
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 211
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 180
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 141