I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 231 6
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,012 46
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 237 9
- client can't/won't pay 332 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 269 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- AIA 91 3
- Help - Capital Allowance 90 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 209 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 171 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 526 26
- HMRC SA software error? 128 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 258 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 181 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 133 2
- wave software 121 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 122 2
- losses carried forward 377 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 781
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 265
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 247
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231