I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Employers NI allowance 401 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 237 5
- Dividend taxation 177 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 94 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 156 2
- Paying Son 539 17
- Tax Overlap Reporting 107 3
- HMRC accounting 138 1
- Love is in the air 100 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 403 4
- iris update 11.9.2 442 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 247 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 659 8
- Which time limits apply? 392 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 429 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 205 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 318 3
- Just checking re PSA 259 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 348 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,606 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 496
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 264
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 251
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 230
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 209
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 204