I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 94 5
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,723 59
- are receipts needed? 68 1
- Partnership merger 71 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 690 25
- missing 840 18
- Self-employed b/f losses 90 2
- Know it alls (who don't) 808 19
- VAT on motor expenses 988 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 159 3
- Reposted question 125 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 258 7
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 272 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 192 3
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 357 17
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 149 3
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 538 11
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 105 3
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 271 4
- Share swap 460 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,567
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 867
- International interest certificate 477
- NOVA 333
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 221
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 214
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 158