I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 230 4
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 143 8
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 79 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 74 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 535 13
- CGT history of shares 194 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 152 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 218 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 346 6
- CGT on sale of let property 137 2
- how do i get UTR 166 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 100 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 250 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 158 1
- Your comments please 330 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 205 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 143 2
- EIS 204 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 144 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 122 2
- Moving away from CCH software 974
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215