I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 207 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 340 18
- Payment plans for clients 292 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 95 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 482 14
- Employee steeling client data 142 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,369 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 193 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 136 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 281 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 223 4
- signature required 922 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 207 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 345 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 174 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 93 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 159 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 106 1
- Lease 155 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,310
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 859
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 558
- Credit where credit's due....... 343
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 263
- TheTax Donut 236
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 195
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 186
- Director's business mileage 155
- Sole trader CPD 148