I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 279 11
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 275 6
- Dress code 873 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,567 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 538 4
- Interest relief before property is rented out 134 2
- Dividend 337 6
- FRS and Debtors 165 2
- What's in a name ? 549 6
- Helping out a friend 441 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 234 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 410 5
- ACCA practice certificates 336 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,279 36
- Umbrella Companies 261 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 176 2
- What would you do in this situation? 828 15
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 328 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 598 16
- Project being run jointly 264 3
- CTA study material 739
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 297
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 265
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 222
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 215
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139