I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- HMRC - Online services - Anyone else having problems ? 134 2
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,216 23
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 357 5
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 116 1
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 491 15
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,187 22
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 276 9
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 145 1
- . 257 4
- 31st october deadline 259 5
- Ltd Co / Summer House 219 1
- Client right to working papers 1,699 16
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,445 7
- wills 288 3
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 265 5
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 283 5
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,159 18
- HMRC Online Services Problems 506 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 462 12
- Self-employed 854 17
- NHS finance professionals 688
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 418
- Foreign Pension Contribution 387
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- vat gross profit percentage margins 375
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 365
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 319
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 294
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 257
- IFA income recognition & reporting 217