I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Xerocon 2016 987 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 185 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,175 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 202 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 570 12
- Personal Tax 466 11
- USA Tax Query 134 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,654 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 935 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 250 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 591 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 288 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 391 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 151 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 286 4
- last minute request 488 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46