I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 117 5
- How to delete of a password protected company? 56 2
- Foreign Premium Distributions 174 2
- Benefit fraud 3,172 43
- How much did you pay for your website 800 17
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 234 3
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 264 9
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 96 5
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 143 5
- FRS percentage 79 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 65 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 209 5
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 304 9
- Gross Profit Percentage 518 11
- Companies House 435 8
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 978 23
- can a balancing allowance be claimed if 151 4
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 1,038 16
- Tax return to date of death/R27 149 2
- Preparing a consolidated TB 294 7
- CTA study material 622
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 382
- Employment related securities question 235
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 203
- AIM Stocks and IHT 183
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 145
- Expat pension contributions? 139
- Trust for Employee 133
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 125