I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 410 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,526 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 997 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 198 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 67 1
- Circular shareholding 199 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 174 6
- business card address 267 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 207 2
- Declined for business bank account 166 4
- Loan to a related company 68 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 630 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 323 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 243 8
- property rental income split 115 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 100 1
- Payroll provider 160 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 149 1
- Family loan 361 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,109
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 363
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 184
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 169