I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 48 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,070 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 435 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 223 6
- VAT silly question 2,266 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 170 6
- Classic cars investment 156 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 252 3
- Cater Allen Commission 135 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 251 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 728 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 130 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 81 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 128 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 138 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 505 13
- Sage at it again? 372 5
- BrightPay 514 13
- Is this a scam? 1,609 27
- S455 463 21
- Benchmarking 474
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 335
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 198
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 182
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175
- Clubs and Taxable Income 173
- Late reply from HMRC 173