I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 97 2
- Industry Reports 28 1
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 42 1
- recompense capital input 216 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 745 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,154 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 702 31
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 270 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 106 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 238 2
- CT losses carry back 119 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 548 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 194 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 797 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 420 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,297 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 162 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 186 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 237 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 1,001 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 800
- RTI - duplicate employee record 566
- Pensions Regulator 457
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 415
- Portia ... Where art thou 339
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 185