I am thinking about a shop front(2) -trying again
NB: Copy thread since the earlier thread just did not work. This topic is very important to me. Please, please, please stick to the subject matter and not insults, get one over someone etc.
About 3 years ago I went to TaxAssist's discovery day. Their business model has left a lasting impression on me. One of their key requirement is for franchisees to open a shop front from year 3 of their franchise.
I have been thinking about a shopfront for some time. Their was a stage when I found a suitable premises but due to some legal issues I could not take it further.
If you do have a shopfront, I would be grateful if you could share your experience. What is it lke? I mean in terms of:
- Additional costs, are these more than recovered through increased fees?
- Sort of client walking through the door?
- Areas that came to light to you once you open the doors. These not even occur to you earlier
- What would you do differently if you could turn the clock back?
- How did you choose the location?
- Has it been a good move?
Please feel free to comment generally rather then responding to my list of questions.
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 182 5
- Was I rude 747 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 165 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 151 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 286 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 215 1
- Top slicing relief question 224 2
- Valuation of PET on death 99 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 250 6
- Share swap 286 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 82 1
- Online filing 146 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 327 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,697 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 101 2
- Converting a barn for business use 89 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 234 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 120 2
- Joint rental income 128 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 342 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,474
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 808
- Any views 727
- International interest certificate 444
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 417
- Sale of business 387
- NOVA 280
- IRIS Open Books problem 279
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 195
- Expenses claim for non employee 185