I have just filed an illegal set of accounts with HMRC
I have just filed an illegal set of accounts with HMRC!
A few clients of mine have an ampersand (&) in their company name (eg A & B Smith Limited)
Having prepared a set of accounts in iXBRL format and CT600 for a client I tried to submit them. They were rejected by HMRC. I spoke to the software house about why and they informed me that it was due to the ampersand. It is not a character accepted byHMRC for iXBRL filing.
I reformated the accounts, replacing the ampersand with "and" and then resubmitted. The accounts and CT 600 were accepted.
Now I know that Companies House will not accept a set of accounts with "and" instead of "&" and therefore can only assume that the set with the word "and" are not a legally prepared set of accounts. Hence my illeagal submission.
I cannot believe in this day and age that HMRC cannot accept accounts with the correct character set used in every day English.
I am awaiting the police knocking on my door to take me away, I hope I can still read AW in jail.
- Accountant software 400 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 133 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 227 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 134 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 190 4
- CIS gross status review 84 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 120 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 346 6
- Flat rate vat error 236 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 126 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 138 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 72 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 136 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 355 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 611 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 263 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 604 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 198 4
- Charge out rates in London? 210 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 177 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 749
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 481
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 295
- How to format a stock book 260
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 210
- Tax efficient holding company structure 199
- Investment property company accounts template 188
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 184
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 167
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 155