I thought there was no amnesty for the non taxpaying
To my astonishment, I have just discovered that (subject to a handful of conditions) a person operating in the "informal economy" can re-enter the taxpayers' club by dialing 0845 608 6000 and coming clean.
If less than £2000 in tax is due, this will be waived if HMRC have no record of the person.
The limit may be over £2000. The HMRC man that I sopke to was not keen to give me a figure, but he confirmed that £2000 was okay.
For more detail, search the HMRC website for 0845 608 6000 (the Tax and Benefits Confidential helpline).
I was astonished because I understood that no amnesty had ever been offered.
Grumpy Old Wit
- client threatening legal action 2,242 31
- 5th April 61 2
- Please tell me what to do!! 65 2
- When & How much of Income to recognise 85 2
- Cash basis 91 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 201 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 325 14
- Cash basis 735 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,954 31
- Undeclared rental income 2,540 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 80 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 522 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 116 2
- s455 Directors loan 174 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 68 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,181 8
- Non resident capital gains 88 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 420 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 342 1
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132