I thought there was no amnesty for the non taxpaying
To my astonishment, I have just discovered that (subject to a handful of conditions) a person operating in the "informal economy" can re-enter the taxpayers' club by dialing 0845 608 6000 and coming clean.
If less than £2000 in tax is due, this will be waived if HMRC have no record of the person.
The limit may be over £2000. The HMRC man that I sopke to was not keen to give me a figure, but he confirmed that £2000 was okay.
For more detail, search the HMRC website for 0845 608 6000 (the Tax and Benefits Confidential helpline).
I was astonished because I understood that no amnesty had ever been offered.
Grumpy Old Wit
- Which address 1,039 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 563 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 70 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,468 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,056 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,201 44
- R&D tax claim 248 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 523 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 178 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 129 2
- Gift to employee 373 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 163 1
- Transfer of a business 126 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,138 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 415 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 119 2
- Sage Import Data 312 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 134 2
- Best time software for small practice? 238 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 482
- CTA study material 456
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 335
- Pre incorp expenses 314
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 256
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 208
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 161
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 143
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135