I thought there was no amnesty for the non taxpaying
To my astonishment, I have just discovered that (subject to a handful of conditions) a person operating in the "informal economy" can re-enter the taxpayers' club by dialing 0845 608 6000 and coming clean.
If less than £2000 in tax is due, this will be waived if HMRC have no record of the person.
The limit may be over £2000. The HMRC man that I sopke to was not keen to give me a figure, but he confirmed that £2000 was okay.
For more detail, search the HMRC website for 0845 608 6000 (the Tax and Benefits Confidential helpline).
I was astonished because I understood that no amnesty had ever been offered.
Grumpy Old Wit
- Share transfer question 259 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 397 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 187 5
- New Employers Helpline 119 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 212 5
- Overlap relief 715 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,275 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 177 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 180 4
- VAT Query 170 2
- Sacked my first client 639 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 408 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 216 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,262 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 618 11
- Trades and deadlines 138 3
- How to pay national insurance 647 18
- New Website Look 1,075 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 266 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 228 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 426
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 419
- WIP Software 286
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- No payroll scheme in place 219
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- Software recommendations 199
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 197
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 186