Is The ICAEW Facing Long Term Decline?
Given the news today that the ICAEW is to make redundant a number of staff in order to reduce costs:
is it not the case that the ICAEW is being seriously squeezed by its chartered competitors, most notably the ACCA who are seeing strong growth in both student and membership numbers, whereas the ICAEW has seen student numbers fall significantly in the past decade.
Indeed, it looks likely that the ACCA will become the largest chartered body in the next 12 months in terms of membership, a boast which the ICAEW has been proud of for over 100 years.
If indeed the ICAEW are in long term decline is there anything they can do to reverse it?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,087 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 126 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 600 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 119 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 120 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 169 1
- How to deal with prior year error 167 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 537 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,342 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 658 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 415 4
- Exemption from CGT 248 2
- VAT Registration 254 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 446 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 349 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 197 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26