If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 608 22
- Goods Purchased for Rental 599 31
- More HMRC on gov.uk 172 4
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 140 3
- Employed clients and expenses 821 15
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 268 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 378 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 531 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 429 9
- Interflora florist 84 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 292 6
- Directors loan accounts 427 10
- Income Self employed 550 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,211 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 257 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 356 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 261 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 124 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,041 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 703 29
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 355
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 240
- Friendly Pensions 172
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141