If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Commission on holiday accrual 63 1
- error on companies house accounts 112 4
- Newly Started Practice 181 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 157 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 182 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 189 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 88 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 94 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 347 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 227 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 168 2
- Generic Notification Notices 126 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 445 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 114 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 435 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 95 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 244 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 146 1
- fraud 416 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 241 3
- QROP pension input amounts 476
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 417
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 267
- EPS and CIS deductions 260
- Construction CIS LLP Company 247
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 214
- SAGE winforecast 180
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166