If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 236 5
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 137 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 136 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,160 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 382 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,149 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 132 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 264 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 163 2
- V T Software 198 2
- Thinning income 346 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 137 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 348 4
- tax credits 263 4
- Past rental expenses 125 1
- What do do about VAT? 552 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 290 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 192 2
- Audacity 1,325 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 696 8
- NHS finance professionals 598
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 390
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 334
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 325
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 306
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 273
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 228
- IFA income recognition & reporting 200
- Incorporating doctors 193