If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Accountant Specialization. 315 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 166 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 62 1
- Recommendations for online payroll software 216 2
- HMRC Information notice 916 24
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,268 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,680 42
- Sage Line 50 145 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 103 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 373 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 372 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 142 1
- Freelance/Employee 683 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 179 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 187 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 490 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 123 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 608 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 707 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 216 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 359
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- AIA 170
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 169