If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Quickbooks expert needed 97 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 72 2
- Have i messed up? 308 7
- Related Parties Note 263 6
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 313 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,309 16
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,344 57
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 464 26
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 238 1
- End of the party for dividends? 1,193 18
- How to format a stock book 357 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,360 31
- Disposal of property 93 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 124 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 213 2
- trading or dormant 198 4
- do I have to pay NI? 148 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 257 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 212 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 328 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 961
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 537
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 344
- Tax efficient holding company structure 273
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 260
- Investment property company accounts template 239
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 207
- Charge out rates in London? 179
- Personal consumption by landlord 157
- Interest on Loan to a Company 154