If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 90 5
- AIA 59 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 34 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,465 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 76 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 348 18
- Cocaine anyone? 782 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 342 7
- Benefit in Kind 398 9
- How much does the company pay 255 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 222 4
- Am I getting Soft?? 451 11
- Personal pension 492 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 650 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 168 2
- Help with CGT please 169 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,505 5
- Will I need to resign? 985 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 286 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 228 4
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 309
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 254
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 227
- The booking.com con 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 192