If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 470 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 91 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,102 7
- Bereavment payment 66 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 270 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 341 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,292 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 144 2
- Companies House incorporation service 344 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 74 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 146 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 200 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 260 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 141 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 149 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 129 2
- Trading income or not? 194 1
- Charge HMRC 421 3
- Xtuple 547
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 290
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178