If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- CisVerification as an agent 155 2
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 240 2
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 336 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 313 6
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 298 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 390 9
- Transmission of ISA 250 3
- Is the CT61 return dead? 399 5
- backpack 394 4
- CIS 351 9
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 689 16
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,314 18
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,184 14
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 481 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 186 2
- Really?! 911 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,413 26
- VAT 701/49 query 247 2
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 223 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 221 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 711
- 2015 tax year end 444
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 422
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 323
- Directors' advances and credits 264
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204