If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 372 6
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 176 5
- New Employers Helpline 112 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 207 5
- Overlap relief 711 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,256 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 169 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 174 4
- VAT Query 160 2
- Sacked my first client 614 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 397 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 211 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,254 24
- Share transfer question 251 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 610 11
- Trades and deadlines 131 3
- How to pay national insurance 646 18
- New Website Look 1,071 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 261 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 225 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 418
- WIP Software 285
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- No payroll scheme in place 217
- Software recommendations 195
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 195
- Is there anything wrong with this? 188
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 183