If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Director drawings 325 30
- Clothing 50 2
- Childcare voucher schemes 83 6
- HMRC SA302s 173 3
- What does the "K" signify 380 7
- Director or self-employed 52 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 115 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 125 3
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 297 2
- What sectors to target? 166 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 89 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 238 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 84 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,861 40
- Interest Relief 162 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 510 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 51 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,596 54
- Rental losses 127 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,589 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 600
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 571
- Latest phishing scam 527
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 179
- Sabbatical payments 171