If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Should I move back home away from my office? 463 10
- Property income in different capacities 121 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 205 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 68 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 414 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 124 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,301 19
- Scanners 180 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 133 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 237 3
- Payment plans for clients 149 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 237 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 268 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- P60 or payslips? 113 1
- IHT dilemma 1,391 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 197 1
- IT advisory questions? 189 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 800 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 166 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,166
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 278
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 208
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141