If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Corporation Tax Software 377 11
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 651 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 67 1
- Auto enrolment 105 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 95 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 80 4
- Regular Director bonus 431 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 108 1
- BrightPay 1,087 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 520 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 335 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,091 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 970 13
- BIK for an electric car 159 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,626 90
- How do I save face? 2,343 14
- Goodie bag 3,089 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 116 1
- How many associated companies 195 2
- Possible Partnership? 686
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 512
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 333
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 264
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 254
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 206