If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 722 5
- See you all on the other side 737 6
- 12Pay 508 2
- dividends 711 2
- R&D 357 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,216 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 470 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 462 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 415 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 570 5
- Seeking a tax case 677 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 636 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 473 2
- Moving to the cloud 776 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 225 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 938 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 231 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,113 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 528 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 574
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 428
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 362
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 341
- Marginal rates of tax 328
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 321
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 304