If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,060 31
- incorrect old p60 323 7
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 219 3
- Missing tax return 332 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 336 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 140 2
- Inflation and fees 1,373 24
- Sage Priority Support 172 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 188 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 213 1
- Related party disclosure 203 3
- Company reconstruction 135 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 232 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 148 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 169 1
- Advice please! 415 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 147 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6