If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 158 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,147 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,830 60
- Legal title not in the company name 793 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 339 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 310 8
- Opening Balances 204 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 585 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 107 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 89 1
- This is getting boring 619 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 265 7
- pension paid by company? 120 3
- inheritance tax 425 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 227 4
- State pension 303 3
- Accountancy Career 144 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 336
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 267
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224