If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Windows10 75 4
- Account and Taxable Profit 112 7
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 596 24
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,655 36
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 285 6
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 442 25
- Class 2 NIC 176 3
- A thursday afternoon muse 154 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 367 6
- Probate services 400 8
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 850 5
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 218 6
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 776 14
- An IT question 270 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 325 9
- SDLT 334 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 319 7
- Can an owner hold company money 244 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 451 9
- Ireland 446 1
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 686
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 323
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 291
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 244
- Payroll manager and the cloud 214
- Is the APN valid 195