If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- VAT Option to tax 300 3
- BEST CPD COURSE 21 1
- EIS - connection through employment 45 1
- Weely paid employees 305 4
- Payroll - Previous year not filed 50 2
- Total cost of employment 217 2
- Help car benefit 166 5
- Business travel apps 37 1
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 142 3
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 153 5
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 56 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,341 11
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 70 1
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 121 2
- LLP members share of profits 449 26
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 99 2
- Current tax asset 206 3
- Partnership tax rules 99 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 230 5
- Audit Required 1,079 21
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 887
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 623
- Free Tax Legislation? 377
- Director Loan account operation 372
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 322
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 307
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 298
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 276
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 194