If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 230 5
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 364 17
- 40% rule for travel expenses 158 1
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 313 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,123 56
- Cash injection by shareholder 133 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 271 8
- PRR 262 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 173 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,483 424
- corp tax software 354 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 445 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 468 7
- Which tax box 191 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 137 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 253 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 214 6
- References for clients 217 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 159 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,299
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 464
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 280
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 210
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 171
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 151
- CIS paid under reg 9 144