If you are thinking of leaving Iris give plenty of notice!!
For those who are getting fed up with slow response times from Iris, unfixed bugs in the program and paying a lot for the privilege, plus annual above inflation price increases, you could potentially be paying through the nose to leave Iris.
SPA has notified practitioners of the following:
"... An SPA member has notified us that as he is selling his practice he needed to cancel his contract with IRIS only to find that as he has not provided sufficient notice he must pay in excess of £3000 for the coming year - despite the fact that he has been with IRIS for ten years they are making no allowances. Please be warned!"
I would have thought Iris should be paying practitioners £3,000 to compensate for the increasingly poor level of service and increasingly high charges, but it seems this thought has not crossed their mind.
It seems nothing has changed since the poor treatment I received when I left Iris a few years ago and then went back to them - despite having paid quarterly prior to leaving they insisted on me paying a year up front when I returned! It seems it's all part of their service.
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 988 48
- Tier One Tribunal 247 12
- Money Laundering and handover 105 1
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 152 3
- New starter error how to correct 114 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 255 4
- Summer house for business only 232 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 200 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 182 4
- SA316s 253 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 133 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 138 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 605 13
- Filing amended tax return 146 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 852 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 127 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 146 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 268 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 182 2
- Another transfer of property 170 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 601
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 298
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 272
- SA penalty proposals 261
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 240