Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Pattern for CTA 248 5
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 139 3
- PAYE versus Dividends 164 3
- Employee or partner 30 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 190 5
- The Cotter Case 188 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 133 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 147 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 78 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 941 16
- Sole Trader business 155 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 148 1
- Giving a seminar 686 36
- Tax position on lease extension 181 1
- Boffin of the Year 309 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 223 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 240 4
- Sage Depreciation 86 1
- Non sequitur 257 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,309
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 644
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 335
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 265
- Alphabet shares 222
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 210
- Office recharges 171
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 156