Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- How to reward a long standing employee 92 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 226 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,494 43
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 118 3
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 180 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 172 3
- Special dividends & CGT 273 2
- flat rate scheme 632 17
- Attachment of Orders 108 1
- Sage instant account codes 262 2
- Allocation of income from property 245 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 172 2
- Turnover on a tax return 705 13
- UK tax exposure 390 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 176 3
- regulated mortgage work? 228 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 187 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 292 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,302 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 568 8