Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Xerocon 2016 1,024 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,193 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 244 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 270 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 606 12
- Personal Tax 509 11
- USA Tax Query 183 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,662 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 306 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 604 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 355 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,982 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 419 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 184 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 352 4
- last minute request 528 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,256 46