Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Overdrawn DLA 18 2
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 61 2
- CIS monthly declaration 36 3
- Excel formula 503 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 514 13
- Self assesment losses 126 3
- Where to advertise for staff 143 4
- Self assessment tax arrears 440 4
- overdrawn directors loan 137 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 286 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 148 2
- Fee protection 661 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 254 8
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 823 34
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 111 2
- Disposal of an opted property 74 1
- Forfeited despoit for property - allowable loss? 104 2
- New charity 103 1
- Repairs or Improvement? 203 4
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 159 3
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- CIS schemes 240
- Domain name sale and limited company 213
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 195
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 157