Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Directors obligation to notify 30 1
- UK Accountancy Franchise 82 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 226 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 61 1
- Starting new accounting business 312 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 148 4
- error on companies house accounts 744 18
- RTI penalties 102 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 523 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 159 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 371 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 156 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 255 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 137 2
- Clients 684 14
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 301
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174