Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Starting Again 144 3
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 236 5
- CGT on spouse's death 102 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 658 31
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 370 10
- Mortgage Adviser's request 169 4
- Tax relief for networking day out? 398 8
- Payroll software 175 4
- Company UTR numbers 292 6
- Summer house for business only 89 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 98 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 561 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 134 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 129 3
- How do you count your clients 402 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 153 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 113 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 470 9
- Property Expenses 124 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 172 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 579
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 376
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 235
- Accelerated payment notices 228