Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 284 9
- Practice management 155 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 64 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 214 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 85 1
- IHT and cash gifts 75 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 138 7
- Clothing 177 4
- VAT registration transfer 157 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 586 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 90 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 116 2
- Director drawings 401 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 102 1
- HMRC SA302s 211 3
- What does the "K" signify 438 7
- Director or self-employed 160 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 131 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 144 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 614
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 534
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 349
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 282
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 201
- Capital allowances in first basis period 190
- Sabbatical payments 178