Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 569 15
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 25 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 54 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 174 3
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 382 7
- Benchmark Scale Rates 36 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,448 33
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 38 1
- Rollover relief and private use 95 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 209 3
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 828 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,810 72
- SAGE con 346 7
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 111 2
- Which software for practice books? 560 20
- Related Parties Note 755 10
- Dazed & confused 397 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 137 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 176 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 365 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,055
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 374
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 283
- Charge out rates in London? 226
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 193
- Interest on Loan to a Company 180
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 161
- Agent fees to sell business 150