Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 69 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 344 18
- Cocaine anyone? 764 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 337 7
- Benefit in Kind 388 9
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,439 43
- How much does the company pay 246 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 215 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 964 14
- Am I getting Soft?? 441 11
- Personal pension 488 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 640 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 163 2
- Help with CGT please 165 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,504 5
- Will I need to resign? 984 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 282 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 224 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 236 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 189 2
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 253
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- The booking.com con 207
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 188