Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- cancellation of Engagement 260 5
- Feuding directors 320 9
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 252 7
- Foreign branch in SME 114 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,258 21
- Fastest Software 685 11
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 140 1
- Where did it go? 314 2
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme Charges 101 1
- VAT Registration for Building Company 123 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 518 12
- Vat threshold issues 1,915 14
- Company Accounts - Limited company 616 5
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 258 4
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 124 1
- Benefit fraud 3,439 49
- SA Tax Returns 185 3
- Agent Change of Postal Address 174 2
- Consolidated accounts 148 2
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 1,040 24
- CTA study material 654
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 396
- Employment related securities question 250
- ATED Penalties 223
- AIM Stocks and IHT 204
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 174
- Trust for Employee 159
- Expat pension contributions? 152
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 136
- Capital allowances 131