Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 92 2
- accounts software for a hotel 72 2
- CGT on Let Property 429 9
- charities 35 1
- Are the creditors correct?? 100 4
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,709 83
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 177 5
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 179 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 100 2
- Franchise affiliations 188 3
- Gift to son by parents 424 5
- Company investment 227 7
- Seeking advice: Scottish LP VAT exclusion exact Law and Article 64 2
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 64 1
- Strike off after accounts submitted 185 2
- What is your favourite font? 476 12
- New company uses old Bank Account 134 1
- When to register or not for PAYE 379 7
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 250 3
- Strike off 323 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 352
- Any thoughts on Capium? 303
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 279
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 260
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 244
- auto enrolment 225
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 171
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 155