Is this income splitting?
Client has approcahed me who is a sole trader selling his own services as a go-kart trainer to individuals as well as selling go-kart spares and stock to individuals and companies.
His business turnover has now reached the VAT threshold and is conscious of the effect that a 20% increase will have on his business in relation to the training income as his customers are mainly individuals.
So he has come up with the idea of splitting his business into a sole trader side which sells training and a Ltd Company which sells stock and spares.
I have mentioned to him that income splitting to avoid registering for VAT isnt allowable but I am equally unsure as to whether the 2 businesses are so distinct as to be 2 seperate entities in the manner in which they trade that income splitting wouldnt be an issue here.
Can anyone advise?
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,049 74
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 113 1
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 42 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 229 6
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,443 25
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,961 47
- inflation rate year on year 197 4
- Accounts Question 184 5
- Deleted question? 778 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,233 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 744 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 674 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 469 4
- VAT Return Errors 216 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 187 5
- Yorkshire Day 630 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 206 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 390 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 161 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 300 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 163
- Employee Benefit Trust 155