Incorrect P800T - savings income omitted
P800Ts received together for 08-9 and 09-10. Client income comprises pension, state pension, savings income. Savings income omitted from P800T for 08-9, for which year SA has been submitted. SA not required for 09-10, client now retired.
Effect is to overstate tax for 08-9, because 20% deducted at source, but 10% applies to savings income.
My question is how HMRC can fail to include savings income for 08-9, which was included on the SA, and which they know about anyway - otherwise how would it appear on P800T for 09-10.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,662 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 209 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 813 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 99 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 496 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 143 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2