Informing the revenue of a new business
A friend is wanting to set up a small landscape gardening business. In May of this year he bought a van and some tools but has not, as yet, carried out any actual work. My query is: should he fill in the Inland Revenue Tax form and state that his business started in May or hold off until he starts getting customers?
What advantages/disadvantages would he incur if he chose either of these options?
I'm only a CIMA Stage 2 so have no idea about Tax but would like to help him out!
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 48 2
- Family Partnership 237 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 147 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 82 2
- flat rate scheme 2,323 47
- Signed accounts for bank 635 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 827 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 287 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 167 5
- VAT Query on new build 98 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 137 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 145 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 90 1
- P11D Car Value 258 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 706 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,505 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 291 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,108 26