Informing the revenue of a new business
A friend is wanting to set up a small landscape gardening business. In May of this year he bought a van and some tools but has not, as yet, carried out any actual work. My query is: should he fill in the Inland Revenue Tax form and state that his business started in May or hold off until he starts getting customers?
What advantages/disadvantages would he incur if he chose either of these options?
I'm only a CIMA Stage 2 so have no idea about Tax but would like to help him out!
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,152 13
- Tips on meals 160 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 143 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 159 2
- Stumped - IHT 124 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 129 1
- property capital gains 131 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 390 7
- CGT and primary residence 168 1
- Marriage Allowance 267 3
- S455 and February year ends 323 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3