My client is sufferring in the current economic climate.
The good news is that they are continuing to get orders, their customers are paying on time and they are only a couple of months behind paying trade creditors. The P&L shows a small profit. However, they owe HMRC re PAYE, VAT & Corporation tax. They had a payment plan in place and were keeping up with the payments until last September. They have only made minimal payments since then.
They are in the process of trying to sell their house and will use some of the funds to repay the HMRC debt (they have a substantial amount of equity in the house).
Could they be prosecuted for wrongful trading as the company doesn't have the money to pay HMRC? Would the fact that the directors are trying to raise the money to pay the debt be sufficient to say that the company is a going concern? The bank is supporting them and has recently given them a loan, with personal guarantees from the directors.
Should they speak to an IP? They want to avoid incurring these costs if they can avoid it.
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 82 2
- Related Parties Note 44 1
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 428 24
- what time is it ? 270 3
- VAT on disbursement 162 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 988 18
- tax credits 203 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,033 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 82 1
- LLP - Member leaving 185 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 734 21
- Year end 250 3
- Foreign income for self employed 169 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 300 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 315 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,145 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 246 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 616 21
- How would you account for warranty? 181 4
- Sweet Tooth 233 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 904
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 525
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 316
- Tax efficient holding company structure 254
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 246
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 180
- Charge out rates in London? 155