My client is sufferring in the current economic climate.
The good news is that they are continuing to get orders, their customers are paying on time and they are only a couple of months behind paying trade creditors. The P&L shows a small profit. However, they owe HMRC re PAYE, VAT & Corporation tax. They had a payment plan in place and were keeping up with the payments until last September. They have only made minimal payments since then.
They are in the process of trying to sell their house and will use some of the funds to repay the HMRC debt (they have a substantial amount of equity in the house).
Could they be prosecuted for wrongful trading as the company doesn't have the money to pay HMRC? Would the fact that the directors are trying to raise the money to pay the debt be sufficient to say that the company is a going concern? The bank is supporting them and has recently given them a loan, with personal guarantees from the directors.
Should they speak to an IP? They want to avoid incurring these costs if they can avoid it.
- Anybody still doing returns? 723 31
- Clothing 514 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 137 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 160 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 78 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 344 16
- Designated sole Residence 136 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 717 15
- Anyone know what this is? 235 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 894 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 508 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 264 9
- no utr 289 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,122 49
- Director drawings 606 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 293 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 131 3
- LLP formed in 2013 103 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 675
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 264
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 217
- Negligible Value Claim 197