My client is sufferring in the current economic climate.
The good news is that they are continuing to get orders, their customers are paying on time and they are only a couple of months behind paying trade creditors. The P&L shows a small profit. However, they owe HMRC re PAYE, VAT & Corporation tax. They had a payment plan in place and were keeping up with the payments until last September. They have only made minimal payments since then.
They are in the process of trying to sell their house and will use some of the funds to repay the HMRC debt (they have a substantial amount of equity in the house).
Could they be prosecuted for wrongful trading as the company doesn't have the money to pay HMRC? Would the fact that the directors are trying to raise the money to pay the debt be sufficient to say that the company is a going concern? The bank is supporting them and has recently given them a loan, with personal guarantees from the directors.
Should they speak to an IP? They want to avoid incurring these costs if they can avoid it.
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 208 5
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 115 8
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 37 1
- corp tax software 925 13
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 24 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 294 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,603 72
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 244 7
- Email hacker for hire ... 280 7
- Audit partner? 203 5
- Can't read my handwriting 527 12
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,667 471
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 675 15
- Is this fraud? 830 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 409 4
- Fees for Property Tax Return 445 10
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 289 6
- Flat rate scheme 354 4
- PPR posers 257 6
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 921 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,360
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 401
- Non Resident 314
- Hands on experience of Digita 233
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 215
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 143
- Donaldson V HMRC 140