My client is sufferring in the current economic climate.
The good news is that they are continuing to get orders, their customers are paying on time and they are only a couple of months behind paying trade creditors. The P&L shows a small profit. However, they owe HMRC re PAYE, VAT & Corporation tax. They had a payment plan in place and were keeping up with the payments until last September. They have only made minimal payments since then.
They are in the process of trying to sell their house and will use some of the funds to repay the HMRC debt (they have a substantial amount of equity in the house).
Could they be prosecuted for wrongful trading as the company doesn't have the money to pay HMRC? Would the fact that the directors are trying to raise the money to pay the debt be sufficient to say that the company is a going concern? The bank is supporting them and has recently given them a loan, with personal guarantees from the directors.
Should they speak to an IP? They want to avoid incurring these costs if they can avoid it.
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 48 2
- Voluntary Disclosure 354 8
- Gift to son by parents 60 1
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,044 32
- valuation of vehicles 479 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 267 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 129 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 375 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 448 4
- BTC is slow 292 3
- Director registration for SA question 517 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 443 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 513 22
- Business only use of company car 725 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 524 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 353 4
- New Company reviews please 581 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 345 4
- VAT with Russia 272 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 312
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 255
- Any thoughts on Capium? 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 226
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 167
- How to account for investment in JV? 164
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 152