IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 99 7
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 131 4
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 343 3
- CIS Contractor 72 2
- Company oversea and VAT 135 6
- Small Business Payroll 104 4
- Relevant Life Insurance 144 4
- VAT on unused stock 199 2
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 185 2
- Payslip Count in Sage 50 Payroll 160 2
- Director resignation 578 12
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,603 6
- WIP Software 373 1
- C79 and VAT Paid to Parcelforce 99 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 212 9
- Dividend Waiver 240 5
- effective advertising 519 10
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 397 10
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 262 4
- Small Part Disposal of Property 260 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 473
- No payroll scheme in place 313
- Is there anything wrong with this? 269
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 261
- Uncommercial property business 234
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 201
- SA Penalty 198
- Registering online CWF1 177
- Accrued income scheme 176