IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 228 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 369 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 277 4
- Merry Christmas 80 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 63 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,050 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 404 13
- Childcare vouchers 341 7
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,413 9
- Using home as clients registered address 122 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 517 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 106 2
- How much does the company pay 704 30
- AIA 287 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 175 5
- I have done a terrible thing 785 15
- Not paying accountant 1,874 46
- Cash basis VAT return 106 1
- VAT on Business Premises 105 2
- Consolidation Software 146 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 468
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 272
- WWOOFers 261
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 237
- Cocaine anyone? 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176