IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 9 1
- capital gains on PPR 170 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,726 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,434 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 173 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 95 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 113 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 278 9
- PRR 347 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 379 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 300 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,251 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 341 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 425 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 357 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 293 8
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 237 3
- corp tax software 393 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 464 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 488 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,310
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 472
- National Insurance 368
- Non Resident 294
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 213
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 183
- Employer's Helpline 162
- employment capital allowances 157
- CIS paid under reg 9 151