IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Rental Income Tax Planning 179 3
- Vat 45 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,782 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 95 2
- Partially exempt? 193 6
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 115 4
- Incorporation Relief 101 2
- First VAT Visit for client 99 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 807 17
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 227 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 568 6
- capital gains on PPR 1,428 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 301 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 231 14
- What type of Trust? 144 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 595 19
- Instant CPD offer 149 2
- Dividend in specie 148 2
- Investor exit 110 2
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155