IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Self-assessment statistics 2,382 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,680 51
- New dividend taxation 293 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 83 1
- Company car v company allowance 195 1
- Not renewing AAT 585 7
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 421 9
- Company formation and bank account 346 9
- Next Move 621 18
- Owning overseas property 291 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 277 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 203 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 676 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 620 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 231 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 407 8
- OneNote is fantastic 555 11
- VAT Direct Debit 380 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 466 8
- Self Assessment Software 701 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 663
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 390
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 303
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 237
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 203
- DTA tie-breaker issue 203