IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- CT600 218 7
- format cell to exclude decimals 293 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 20 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 381 10
- Lease 89 4
- Free invoicing software 477 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 35 1
- Digita Hosted Software 385 4
- signature required 846 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,263 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 146 5
- Thin Client recomendation 195 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 177 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 129 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 104 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 120 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,279 15
- Homing sandwiches 841 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 242 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 233 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 848
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 332
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 217
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 167
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 140