IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,694 58
- SMP reclaimable by employer 253 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 206 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 76 1
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 45 1
- inflation rate year on year 55 2
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 78 2
- Yorkshire Day 497 33
- Deleted question? 619 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 258 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 328 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 140 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 338 15
- E-Magazines and pdfs 140 3
- Late annual return 197 2
- Flat rate VAT 363 8
- corporation tax 476 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,133 29
- Dividend dates 689 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 131 2
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 569
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 230
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 222
- More spam 180