IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- 2 companies, one payroll 211 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,848 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 101 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 596 12
- Freelance/Employee 400 10
- Freehold management company 148 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 236 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 216 6
- System selection 233 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 125 1
- Director Liability 133 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 168 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 387 4
- exemptions from CIS 264 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 585 10
- Xero Pain Points 658 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 283 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 261 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,709 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 408 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 335
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 318
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 231
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 230
- Company Structure 208
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 173
- IP trans to holding company 169