IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 500 5
- See you all on the other side 637 6
- 12Pay 355 2
- dividends 487 2
- R&D 275 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,135 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 417 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 351 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 314 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 512 5
- Seeking a tax case 586 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 447 4
- Companies house strike off 433 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 345 2
- Moving to the cloud 711 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 863 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 192 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,072 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 459 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 309
- USA help 306
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 279
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 275
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228