IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 147 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 340 12
- P35 and Service Company questions 60 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 120 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 168 5
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 102 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,568 12
- Companies House incorporation service 273 11
- Share Capital 66 2
- Trading income or not? 139 1
- Charge HMRC 362 3
- FRS17 query 224 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,750 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,597 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 557 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 279 2
- How to opt out? 406 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 95 1
- utr 186 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 326 7
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 371
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 282
- CIS schemes 216
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176