IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 593 18
- Disclosure requirements for Directors Loan Accounts in Credit 508 20
- Tax relief on accommodation costs 25 1
- Director or self-employed 278 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,366 25
- Anybody still doing returns? 1,007 37
- BVI registered 190 4
- Closing a limited company 393 6
- Self assessment for directors 187 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 279 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,618 17
- A little knowledge 423 6
- Digita in the cloud 181 2
- Tax relief when working away 96 1
- Tax relief when working away 212 3
- Designated sole Residence 260 5
- Scratch Head 361 1
- Year end 278 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 335 13
- Clothing 650 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 970
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 691
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 634
- Latest phishing scam 616
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 459
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 338
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 270
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 240
- Sabbatical payments 232
- Negligible Value Claim 215