IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- How does one compete? 684 9
- Great Service 1,255 17
- Keytime 320 4
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 130 2
- About your hairdresser clients 529 21
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 92 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,593 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 133 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 134 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 138 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 763 13
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 132 4
- Employee tears suit... 252 3
- PAYE & NIC 766 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 88 1
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 493 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 288 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 238 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 746 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 194 1
- Sanzar 532
- Digital marketing focus group 415
- Sainsbury's mangement 380
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 380
- Continuity Agreement 354
- Avanti Accounts 353
- Buyback 306
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 254
- Aggresive sales from Iris 249
- Charity volunteers and mileage 212