IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- Partnership Registration 14 1
- Would this save hours of your time? 643 12
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 851 35
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 60 1
- Audit Required 1,165 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 288 9
- Residential Management Companies 61 2
- Value pricing 2,837 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 383 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 373 11
- Payroll software for Mac 113 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 95 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 210 5
- CIS and Close Company 195 6
- LLP members share of profits 630 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 422 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 134 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 95 1
- Registered Office 98 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 108 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 935
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 389
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 253
- Paye procedures for CVA 244
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 241
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 189
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 183
- Pension Fixed Protection 181