IR35 / Umbrella Companies
Client subject to IR35. Has been recommended to go through an "umbrella" company. Any experience of these?
From what my client tells me, it appears they pretty much just work out the tax and nic and charge about £28 per week for this.
Isn't it just cheaper to work it out for ourselves?
Am I missing something? Sorry if this sounds a dense question; never had experience of this before.
PS Also, any experience of the PCG contracts etc.. for IR35.?
- IHT Query 428 10
- Audit and paypal balances 166 7
- Missing C79 149 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 482 16
- VAT margin scheme 263 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 294 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,725 17
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 95 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 123 2
- Get it off your chest 246 4
- Directors bonus 151 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 103 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 279 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 254 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 171 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- The return 793 27
- Sell business after leaving country 333 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 94 2
- Charity accounting 89 2
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 292
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 273
- Loans to other companies 219
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 211
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 177
- Outsource Data Entry 176