Is it possible to find out if a company is VAT registered?
We have been asked to prepare the first accounts for a new company. The directors think that it is VAT registered and that the registration was done by the accountant who has prepared (what are being called) the "managment accounts" and that accountant is failing to provide information.
But the VAT recoverable balance has been increasing each month for about nine months and that suggest to me that they are not registered.
Can we look them up anywhere to establish whether or not they are registered?
- Sage instant account codes 238 2
- flat rate scheme 601 16
- Allocation of income from property 210 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 104 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 78 1
- Turnover on a tax return 681 13
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 195 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,458 41
- UK tax exposure 380 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 153 3
- regulated mortgage work? 214 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 149 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 278 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,265 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 547 8
- Directors salary 157 1
- Rental Expenses 295 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 318 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 385 2
- any help? 378 4