Is it possible to find out if a company is VAT registered?
We have been asked to prepare the first accounts for a new company. The directors think that it is VAT registered and that the registration was done by the accountant who has prepared (what are being called) the "managment accounts" and that accountant is failing to provide information.
But the VAT recoverable balance has been increasing each month for about nine months and that suggest to me that they are not registered.
Can we look them up anywhere to establish whether or not they are registered?
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 62 3
- USA Tax Query 80 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,630 25
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 516 11
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 921 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 145 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 191 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 574 18
- Corrupt Excel File 666 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 335 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,954 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 280 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 368 7
- Personal Tax 411 10
- Xerocon 2016 931 18
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 127 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 231 4
- last minute request 454 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,239 46