The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,666 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 168 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 323 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 127 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 389 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,463 18
- Vat 245 4
- CT/CIS offset 119 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 171 4
- Trade name 172 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 130 1
- New business - journal entries 310 20
- B2B vat in the EU 111 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 313 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 130 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 409 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 106 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 784
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 388
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 151
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 138