The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 304 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 69 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 215 5
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 190 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 651 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 629 14
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 86 1
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 112 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 649 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 467 5
- Director self assessment 393 16
- SA tax assessments 158 2
- Sage Import Data 169 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 231 2
- Dividend Vouchers 268 4
- Engagement letter 194 4
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 200 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 175 3
- How do you account in the VAT return for 287 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 109 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 424
- CTA study material 388
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 284
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 265
- Pre incorp expenses 239
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 215
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 207
- Slight twist on employment related securities 193
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 137
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136