The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Flat rate vat 270 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 219 6
- Rental property company 161 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 148 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 396 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 419 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 318 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,460 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,178 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 381 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 283 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 277 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 396 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 195 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 214 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 159 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 535 5
- Director's tax return 417 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 199 3
- Coming in from the cold 419 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 831
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183