The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Hobby Horse 776 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 605 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 254 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 178 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 988 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 258 21
- Why do I do this every year 406 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 300 5
- closing limited company 169 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 88 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 514 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 251 9
- IHT and US resident 60 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 139 1
- Practice management 381 7
- IHT and cash gifts 248 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 562 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 646
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 240
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 173