The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Two sole traders working at same shop 414 3
- Unhappy client over fees 1,491 36
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 1,075 13
- Profit split /Rent 137 3
- Is it possible and what should be done? 224 3
- Capital Gains Tax and Enhancement 109 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 237 3
- Accounting software for investment holding company 200 2
- Disposal of freehold from Ltd Co to another Ltd in a newly formed group 110 1
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 296 5
- Multi user accounting software 166 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 137 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 232 2
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 224 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 424 11
- do i need an online accounting software 567 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 141 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 705 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 263 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,045 16
- NHS finance professionals 795
- Foreign Pension Contribution 480
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 474
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 410
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 380
- IFA income recognition & reporting 282
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 270
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 258
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 229
- FRM claim for travel to training course 229