The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Time recording 37 1
- Land Registry 247 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 23 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 72 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 499 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 947 13
- Auto Enrolment 653 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 172 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 391 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 793 19
- Company Number 10000000 328 4
- Advertising Tips? 272 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,507 29
- IR35 355 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 395 12
- Revenue phishing examples 206 1
- iris update 11.9.2 188 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 448 13
- 2015 tax year end 532 1
- Company Structure 298 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 732
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195