The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,060 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 427 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 209 6
- VAT silly question 2,263 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 161 6
- Classic cars investment 152 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 244 3
- Cater Allen Commission 127 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 239 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 720 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 119 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 71 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 114 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 123 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 499 13
- Sage at it again? 367 5
- BrightPay 513 13
- Is this a scam? 1,603 27
- S455 461 21
- client issues 337 4
- Benchmarking 471
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 333
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 197
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 178
- Income tax on foreign dividends 174
- Clubs and Taxable Income 172
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 167