The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 361 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 201 5
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 140 2
- Merging my businesses 194 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 559 19
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 67 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,971 66
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 457 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 332 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 326 1
- Holiday entitlement 576 11
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 478 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 319 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 140 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 145 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 927 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 225 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 426 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 358 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 554
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 303
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 292
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 176