The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Telephone call from "Xero" 410 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 109 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,167 46
- dividend 142 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 110 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 250 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 168 3
- Irish Taxation 138 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 306 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 511 6
- Drector renting room to company 91 1
- Off site storage 150 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 248 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 349 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 237 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 328 4
- Self assesment losses 323 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 174 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 186 1
- Xtuple 564
- Qtac payroll for bureau 387
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 342
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 208
- Investment 205
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 181
- Tax on damages received 180
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 149