The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Claiming VAT on car lease 57 9
- How to network with other Accountants? 515 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 471 21
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,055 26
- Advice for new build property 48 3
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 242 8
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 273 5
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,294 17
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 203 4
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 276 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 209 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 121 1
- Sage Line 50 94 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,938 58
- mileage claim via self assessment - how far back? 152 2
- HMRC Post 365 5
- Freelance/Employee 581 14
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 540 11
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 338 8
- Employment Allowance 383 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 401
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 371
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 345
- Electric Car 283
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 179
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 167
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 163
- AIA 153