The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,420 25
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,986 70
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 207 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,946 47
- inflation rate year on year 182 4
- Accounts Question 155 5
- Deleted question? 763 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,217 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 729 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 667 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 458 4
- VAT Return Errors 203 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 163 5
- Yorkshire Day 621 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 200 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 389 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 154 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 299 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 243 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 158 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 359
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 264
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 238
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 154