The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 189 9
- JIEB Exams 131 1
- RTI 85 1
- Christmas party 100 1
- Am i Liable? 109 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 738 10
- Checking a contract 293 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 310 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 160 7
- VAT on garage rent 324 14
- Value-shifting 64 1
- Pattern for CTA 207 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 450 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 228 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 241 5
- EBT 179 1
- Giving a seminar 529 28
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,210
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 314
- Agent fees to sell business 189
- Alphabet shares 189
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 163
- Office recharges 147