The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Fee base v staff ratio 135 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 275 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 186 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 40 1
- Investor exit 168 3
- Partially exempt? 350 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 88 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 363 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,127 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 352 4
- Cash basis 376 10
- Statutory sick pay 218 3
- Overseas bank interest 209 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 146 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 350 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 210 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 304 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,936 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,389 12
- Lorry Drivers 398 5
- Skandia using wrong address 550
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 296
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 292
- Employee rewards 281
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 258
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 143