The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 500 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 113 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 299 5
- US Sales Tax 105 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 359 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 193 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 110 1
- Group Relief 121 4
- R&D Credits 97 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 238 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 103 2
- Clients 671 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 288 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 121 3
- Starting new accounting business 283 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 456 10
- Sage Payroll 112 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 109 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 427 8
- Tolley UK sales number 213 7
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 439
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 241
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 195
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182