The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Tax position re this lease? 101 2
- VAT on Training Courses 116 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 123 2
- Self employed travel expenses 122 3
- which software 366 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 19 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 371 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 360 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 61 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 136 1
- Best apps for clients 257 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 577 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,795 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 269 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 126 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 222 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 433 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 188 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 464 13
- Real names 1,033 32
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 447
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 309
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 254
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163