The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,152 38
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 205 5
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,038 20
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 87 2
- Charity donations 929 20
- Sole trader hid directorships. 194 2
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 296 12
- VAT on finance leases 161 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 533 10
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 258 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 214 3
- Goods Purchased for Rental 683 34
- Professional Clearance 1,591 24
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 300 4
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 452 6
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 416 11
- Interflora florist 246 3
- Friendly Pensions 273 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 126 1
- Company Reorganisation 324 4
- NOVA 500
- Bonus Bonds 385
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 368
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 281
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 248
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 173
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 161
- Finance Lease 152
- Company Car Lease 151
- Form 42 140