The majority of statutory accounts that get filed with HMRC start life as word documents (or excel), whilst the majority of software houses will (no doubt) write their CT programmes to be compatible (and presumably their accounts packages) where does that leave the practices that do not need the accounts packages because the accounts are in Word (Excel) or are produced in house by clients.
Can anyone out there suggest a 'converter' (Word/Excel to iXBRL/XBRL - or do any of the software houses out there want to put on the table that they in the process of developing a converter to support their CT packages. Whilst I accept that we are 18 moths (well a bit more) away from March 2011, I don't want to be worrying about it then or even in 12 months time - but I expect I will.
Can anyone explain what is involved with a converter programme and I can decide how much of a problem this is or is not?
HMRC have just started their campaign to 'make it known' with a mail shot today (add to that some comments in the IT press and tax/accounting websites publications).
Planning in advance.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,771 290
- ICPA-Scotland 142 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 169 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 252 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 164 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 515 10
- Declined for business bank account 312 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 509 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 219 10
- Standard 'email' template system 902 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,057 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 229 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 107 1
- Circular shareholding 257 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 210 6
- business card address 334 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 142 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 693 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 348 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,122
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 272
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 233
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 192
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180