Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Payroo Employer allowance query 121 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 244 7
- Would this save hours of your time? 388 9
- Wrong career 435 18
- Laptop purchase 1,366 20
- PTP software disaster 236 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 165 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 212 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 94 2
- Director's tax return 205 3
- Tricky VAT question 157 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 106 2
- VT accounts licence key 249 5
- Weely paid employees 215 2
- Splitting the tax year 90 1
- FPS Submission 144 2
- Value pricing 642 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 208 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 136 1
- vat return 226 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 258
- Director Loan account operation 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 235
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159