Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 21 1
- xerocon 190 6
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 146 3
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 915 15
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 260 9
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 39 1
- PAYE 281 8
- Personal Allowance for non residents 402 9
- Is appointing liquidators necessary when closing down a company with large reserve balances 277 5
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 250 6
- Employment Allowance 206 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 218 6
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 265 5
- Backdating VAT claim 109 2
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,442 23
- Flat rate vat on sales commissions 173 3
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,533 40
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 556 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,162 11
- Online Backup 119 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 663
- Auto enrolment excuses 541
- Removed post 378
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 352
- Social investment tax relief 168
- Call Centre Data Costs 165
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 161
- Digita Hosted Software 153
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 147
- option to tax 131