Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 185 9
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 498 11
- Double entry 30 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 987 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 111 3
- SAGE winforecast 234 1
- Trust 101 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 68 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 59 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 131 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 226 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 177 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 95 4
- Auto enrolment 1,573 15
- Annual Report - How to? 276 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 266 4
- Client's company struck off 2,076 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 165 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 527
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 247
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 189