Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 166 9
- client threatening legal action 1,795 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 674 8
- Partially exempt? 239 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 86 1
- First VAT Visit for client 222 4
- Dividend in specie 226 7
- Lorry Drivers 136 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 94 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 94 1
- Mexican student in UK 116 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 195 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 297 12
- payroll software 124 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,051 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 107 1
- Pricing 332 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 250 5
- VAT 117 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 851 18
- Skandia using wrong address 487
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 273
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160