Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 621 5
- See you all on the other side 678 6
- 12Pay 443 2
- dividends 597 2
- R&D 311 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,171 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 436 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 396 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 368 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 637 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 500 4
- Companies house strike off 533 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 416 2
- Moving to the cloud 735 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 214 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 893 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 489 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 561
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 372
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 323
- USA help 316
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 280
- Class 2 NI 268