Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 831 36
- Personal investment trading company 51 1
- CIS monthly declaration 47 4
- CIS schemes 246 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 83 1
- Overdrawn DLA 29 2
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 69 2
- Excel formula 506 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 515 13
- Self assesment losses 127 3
- Where to advertise for staff 148 4
- Self assessment tax arrears 440 4
- overdrawn directors loan 138 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 287 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 148 2
- Fee protection 665 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 255 8
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 111 2
- Disposal of an opted property 76 1
- Forfeited despoit for property - allowable loss? 106 2
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- Domain name sale and limited company 213
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 195
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 157
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 137