Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- cash the returned VAT cheque 236 2
- Signed accounts for bank 391 9
- Termination Payment 337 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 174 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 274 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 170 5
- flat rate scheme 2,131 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 86 1
- Landing clients 520 16
- Opening a Quick books file 181 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 502 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 271 2
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 253 1
- Confict of Interest 353 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 278 4
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 357 5
- P11d query 294 5
- Rental expenses 137 1
- No more tax returns... 1,582 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 446 6