Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- inheritance tax 27 1
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 37 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 62 1
- Pay in Lieu of notice 71 2
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 91 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,110 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 72 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 171 1
- Deduction from Salary 459 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 145 2
- State pension 126 1
- NALS Accountants Report 288 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 259 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,124 40
- CIC Company 617 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 275 6
- This is getting boring 471 10
- 27,000 Really? 741 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 106 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 203 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 376
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 287
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 256
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 190