Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- SA316s 125 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 27 1
- Swiching tax 510 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 722 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 494 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 511 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 366 11
- Start-up cost recognition 93 1
- Lunches 193 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 379 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 128 3
- Generic notification message 252 6
- Property Expenses 216 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 816 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 131 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 502 13
- Accrued salary unpaid 257 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,198 18
- Basis periods 103 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 116 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 600
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 591
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 386
- Pensions Regulator 351
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 290
- Using the correct forms 265
- SA penalty proposals 256
- RTI - duplicate employee record 253
- Accelerated payment notices 236
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 226