Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Mortgage Reference 113 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,849 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 131 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,169 45
- Practical experience 840 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 422 9
- Personal Tax 137 1
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 187 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 142 1
- last minute request 244 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 492 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 77 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 430 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 107 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 255 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 659 6
- Overseas workday relief 169 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 335 3