Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 70 3
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 85 2
- ATED Penalties 239 1
- late second payment on account 123 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 335 13
- US royalties 42 2
- Project being run jointly 101 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 156 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 87 3
- Sole trader mix up 263 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 709 6
- What's in a name ? 137 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 876 27
- Help Required 219 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 197 4
- Filing company accounts 120 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 478 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 147 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 247 7
- Bulk Invoicing 144 5
- CTA study material 690
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 418
- Employment related securities question 260
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 179
- Expat pension contributions? 175
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 105