Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,048 29
- directors loan 258 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 378 14
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 819 27
- Director registration for SA question 264 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 217 3
- New Company reviews please 457 12
- Business only use of company car 605 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 339 4
- CIS not deducted 306 5
- Car Capital Contribution 183 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 204 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 84 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 356 8
- VAT with Russia 127 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 214 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,155 9
- CGT on Let Property 238 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 283
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 210
- Any thoughts on Capium? 200
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 178
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 146