Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Zoho Books 152 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 207 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,479 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 247 5
- Transmission of ISA 82 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 207 2
- Next Move 722 20
- Not renewing AAT 680 9
- CGT of shares gifted 385 6
- New dividend taxation 520 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,805 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 177 1
- Company car v company allowance 305 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 440 9
- Company formation and bank account 453 9
- Owning overseas property 367 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 294 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 297 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 713 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 752 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 671
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 410
- Property letting & CAs 402
- 2015 tax year end 398
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 397
- FCA regulated company in a small group 348
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 243
- Costly Accounting Software contract 224
- DTA tie-breaker issue 213