Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Which software for practice books? 367 16
- Write off of former director's loan 294 7
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 128 6
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 222 5
- Flat rate vat error 47 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 74 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 82 1
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 510 10
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 231 6
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 86 2
- VAT enquiry 155 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 485 15
- Inheritance tax 263 13
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 80 1
- Accountant software 311 8
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 156 3
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 297 6
- Tax residence 104 2
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 161 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,700 33
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 657
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 488
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 452
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 279
- How to format a stock book 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 198
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 192
- Tax efficient holding company structure 180
- Investment property company accounts template 168
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 165