Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,194 20
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 398 7
- vat help for catering concession 263 10
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 268 5
- IHT dilemma 1,143 17
- Tax return software for remote working 211 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 331 7
- CGT 321 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 305 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 98 2
- Compliance check 490 13
- sole trader accountant 761 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 393 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 599 21
- More AE! 483 11
- How to classify an asset 142 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 272 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 175 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 121 2
- Statement of turnover template 185 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,069
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 456
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 246
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 212
- Credit where credit's due....... 206
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 197
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 180
- Director phone costs 139