Land Rover CT Tax query
A friend works in an engineering business that travels around the UK fixing up aircraft. He needs a vehicle to carry tools, travel around in, and use for private means such as the school run, etc.
He is not keen on buying a Van (mostly for kids school run reason) so he had his heart set on a Land Rover Diesel. However I know that the HMRC classes these as cars for tax so he will likely suffer as a result. He was thinking of buying the car privately and using the company to fork out for a loan but I'm not sure how legit that is.
He also needs more tooling so he was thinking of using the loan to partially pay for that as well.
Whats the best course of action he could take for tax purposes? He's willing to consider other large cars, but because he needs space, it needs to be big without been a van.
Any help will be great! Thanks.
- partnership tax return 59 4
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 19 1
- AIA 153 13
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 87 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 263 6
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 14 1
- two business from one premises 29 1
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,121 27
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 236 19
- I have done a terrible thing 172 4
- Anyone else still working this week? 144 4
- s455 tax 79 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 47 1
- LLp Profits 70 3
- Am I getting Soft?? 512 12
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 190 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,481 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 90 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 355 18
- Cocaine anyone? 816 13
- Hive up 529
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 488
- corporate hierarchy 461
- Advice - 310
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 257
- WWOOFers 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 229
- The booking.com con 218
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 211
- Cocaine anyone? 199