Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 629 13
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 74 2
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 195 4
- Subsistence Exclusions 33 1
- Homing sandwiches 636 15
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 116 4
- Client handover 171 5
- Use of home query 263 4
- CIS software 156 4
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 166 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 150 10
- Settlement discount 234 6
- Entrepreeur's relief 74 1
- IT advisory questions? 324 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,614 21
- experian and credit agencies 91 1
- Limited company to community interest company 81 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 570 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 225 5
- Error in audited accounts 295 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,273
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 841
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 532
- Digita Hosted Software 348
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 207
- TheTax Donut 198
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 170