Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- Where has Portia gone? 5,053 110
- Help 168 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 93 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 223 9
- Overlap profit 294 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 319 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 135 1
- Payments on account 188 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 85 1
- What do your junior staff do? 524 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 655 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 415 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 537 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,943 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 355 3
- On the high seas 116 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 860 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 338
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181