Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 564 23
- Companies House incorporation service 377 13
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 268 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 179 4
- Administrative restoration 102 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,614 13
- Bereavment payment 139 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 113 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,149 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 286 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 372 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,307 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 166 2
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 86 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 204 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 285 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 152 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 172 3
- Share Capital 146 2
- Trading income or not? 215 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 299
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 182