Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- Opening a Quick books file 155 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 376 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 222 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 208 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 223 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 230 1
- Confict of Interest 329 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 244 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 106 3
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 342 5
- P11d query 274 5
- Rental expenses 76 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 148 5
- No more tax returns... 1,548 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 424 6
- Signed accounts for bank 311 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 482 10
- Landing clients 437 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,162 22
- Termination Payment 231 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 989
- Calling franchise accountants 841
- Avanti Accounts 807
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 571
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 485
- Scammers 474
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 426
- Potential new client 406
- HMRC online filing 367
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 198