Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 301 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,382 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 200 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 559 26
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 351 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 139 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 185 2
- VAT on employee loan 240 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 169 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 695 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 144 1
- Purchased Goodwill 92 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 67 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 87 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 198 4
- Recruitment agencies 582 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 517 20
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 267 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 482 8
- Scams are not always obvious 2,036 33
- New Fangled Penalties 1,075
- Moving away from CCH software 929
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 260
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 209
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189