Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 117 2
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 68 4
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 29 1
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,607 25
- Share swap 263 7
- EC sales list and reverse charge 70 2
- Converting a barn for business use 55 1
- Was I rude 635 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 181 9
- Online filing 90 4
- Threshold for RTI submission 81 2
- Joint rental income 70 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 295 4
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 115 4
- Auto enrolment 371 6
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 319 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 93 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 177 2
- Top slicing relief question no 2 140 3
- Maternity Pay 154 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 801
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 380
- NOVA 277
- IRIS Open Books problem 273
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 189
- Expenses claim for non employee 180