Late P35 Penalties
Seriously annoyed with myself. My fault. Missed one client's P35. Ah well, my fault and I'll pay the fine.
Out of interest, for as long as I can remember, there was a 6 day (i think) "grace period"? So, if you submitted before 25th (i think) then they would not charge the fine but it would be classed as late. I can't see that on the P35 this year - so has it been withdrawn?
Do you still get the £75 incentive payment even though P35 is late?
This is the first year in 18years I have ever missed any deadline. Grrr. Very annoyed at myself.
Incidentally, as this is the first time this has happened to me, obviously I'm going to pay the fine. But would you just pay it and that's it, or would you write to client telling them of your error and that you've paid it? I feel I should tell them, apologise for my error and tell them I've paid it / am going to pay it. What do you think?
- 100% Xero practice 2,520 47
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 340 7
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 268 9
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 565 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 324 12
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 364 4
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 354 4
- Direct Debit - no receipts 296 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,970 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,782 23
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 133 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,736 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,343 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 123 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 865 8
- capital gains on PPR 290 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 386 14
- Company expansion 142 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 405 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 521 15
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,322
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 485
- National Insurance 376
- Non Resident 299
- Franchise income and costs 266
- Hands on experience of Digita 219
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 193
- Employer's Helpline 169
- employment capital allowances 166
- CIS paid under reg 9 161