Legal fees paid by a company for an employee.
An employee is facing legal proceedings (work related) for which he states he is innocent. As his company also believe in his innocence, they are funding his legal fees. I assume that these fees are required to be shown on his P11D?
Some of the invoices are made out to the company and some to the individual. I assume if he wins the legal fees are then repaid to his company so does this effect things.
- flat rate scheme 832 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 598 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 128 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 247 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 188 3
- bookkeeping system 212 4
- Company van paid by director 120 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,574 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 255 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 141 3
- Private company division 119 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 309 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 645 7
- Split year treatment ? 131 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 286 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 116 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 260 3
- Special dividends & CGT 314 2