Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 187 9
- JIEB Exams 129 1
- RTI 83 1
- Christmas party 95 1
- Am i Liable? 103 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 737 10
- Checking a contract 289 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 309 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 227 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 156 7
- VAT on garage rent 322 14
- Value-shifting 62 1
- Pattern for CTA 206 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 448 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 83 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 223 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 240 5
- EBT 177 1
- Giving a seminar 528 28
- Joint Filing Help 110 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,207
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 607
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 405
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 313
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 192
- Alphabet shares 188
- Agent fees to sell business 188
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 181
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 173
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 162