Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 236 7
- Directors loan accounts 363 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 295 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 247 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 99 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 159 1
- Employed clients and expenses 791 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,028 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 691 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 889 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,090 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 492 18
- I.d for vat registration 264 10
- Bookkeping software 898 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 285 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 249 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 342 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 120 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 153 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 538
- NOVA 486
- Bonus Bonds 372
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 273
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 169
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 155
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 139
- Finance Lease 139