Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Registering a client for Self assessment through Agent log ons 158 2
- Directors Share Purchase 187 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 514 9
- Incapable of reading 229 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 191 3
- How much to charge 294 4
- How to pay national insurance 235 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 245 4
- Government Gateway 1,014 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,594 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 219 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 115 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 130 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 562 14
- Selling a practice 383 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,304 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 183 1
- Dormant payroll 855 9
- Theatre Tax Relief 448
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 351
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 344
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 220
- WIP Software 209