Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 142 4
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 116 2
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,062 13
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 68 1
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,874 30
- Friday Question 326 6
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,009 6
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 118 2
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 203 7
- Swimming Pool Income 305 4
- Coming off flat rate VAT 288 2
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 474 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,932 44
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 261 6
- Support / ticketing software 387 12
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 648 8
- Company Number 10000000 1,196 15
- Tax code notices 175 1
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 677 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 312 6
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 482
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 293
- DTA tie-breaker issue 288
- CGT for NOn UK residents 254
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 233
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 226
- Apprenticeship Levy 224
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 221
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 213
- Just checking re PSA 207