Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 182 5
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 738 15
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 166 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 226 6
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,877 26
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 255 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 462 13
- Your fondest calculator memories 869 32
- Capital or revenue expense? 179 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 258 11
- Vat threshold issues 356 9
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 169 4
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 332 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 832 12
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 729 15
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 870 18
- Who can I refer leads to? 506 11
- Quickbooks Online stock 38 1
- Growing pains 455 8
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 443 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 459
- CTA study material 435
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 307
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 292
- Pre incorp expenses 286
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 249
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 237
- Slight twist on employment related securities 215
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 200
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 187