Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,893 65
- Tax case refeence request 49 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 765 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 209 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,893 29
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 421 24
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 231 5
- Working out a daily rate 114 5
- Auto enrolment 1,215 13
- Payroll dates 111 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 276 8
- Withholding of tax 86 1
- missing 935 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 154 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 93 1
- are receipts needed? 146 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 515 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 194 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 172 7
- Partnership merger 90 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,572
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 870
- International interest certificate 480
- NOVA 337
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 251
- Management expenses for investment company 229
- Bonus Bonds 227
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 220
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 163