Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- HMRC Information notice 956 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 234 3
- Accountant Specialization. 336 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 179 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 104 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,283 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,703 42
- Sage Line 50 152 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 128 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 402 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 381 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 150 1
- Freelance/Employee 690 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 188 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 499 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 616 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 719 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 224 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 294
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171