Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- What sectors to target? 594 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 244 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 170 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,921 41
- Self assesment online 978 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 253 21
- Why do I do this every year 385 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 294 5
- closing limited company 160 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 81 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 506 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 245 9
- IHT and US resident 56 1
- Limited Companies Merger 208 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 134 1
- Practice management 379 7
- IHT and cash gifts 244 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 530 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,598 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 254 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 594
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 411
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 310
- Scratch Head 239
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 171