Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,171 34
- Share structures 37 1
- Late Registration for VAT 273 10
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 234 4
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 533 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 457 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 149 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 192 4
- Start up allowance? 92 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 187 9
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 56 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 819 13
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 89 2
- AIA or IFA 275 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 60 1
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 201 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,340 19
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 80 1
- How much of your work is admin? 557 4
- Goodwill complications 221 3
- TheTax Donut 1,033
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 683
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 424
- Hive up 420
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 387
- corporate hierarchy 384
- LIVE chat, starting now 336
- Advice - 192