Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 275 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 133 2
- Community Faux Pas 282 14
- Amend a 2010/11 return 267 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,297 23
- Owner director gym membership 220 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 175 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,830 34
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,504 36
- Tax Fines - HMRC 589 8
- Practical experience 683 13
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 155 2
- Autumn statement predictions 820 9
- Travelling expenses 161 3
- Exemption from CGT 448 12
- J10 - stock transfer form 99 2
- Post AAT? 452 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 210 11
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 132 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 707 28