Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- How much did you pay for your website 1,697 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 65 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 22 1
- Does IR35 apply? 86 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 103 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 103 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 292 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,033 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 109 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 423 9
- Limited company buying a car 364 6
- Funding Circle experience 164 3
- Excel query 127 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,301 13
- Payment on account penalties 136 3
- Tax on free shares 150 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 211 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 130 1
- Audit 493 14
- CTA study material 806
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 325
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 285
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 236
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162