Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 160 5
- Vat registration exception 194 3
- CIS software 62 2
- Homing sandwiches 448 11
- CT600 114 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 172 7
- Settlement discount 131 4
- signature required 506 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 512 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 180 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 168 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 123 2
- Pratice Management Software 129 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 208 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 133 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 187 2
- Related Party Transactions 123 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 114 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 469 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 769 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,242
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 814
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 521
- Digita Hosted Software 338
- Credit where credit's due....... 312
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 237
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 195
- TheTax Donut 180
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 159
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 159