Legal obligation of CT liability on past directors
Basically we have a limited company client which had three directors.
Two directors resigned at the year end.
We prepared the accounts and CT return and the liability was £x.
If the remaining director paid this out of his own pocket should the other two in theory owe there share?
Or as I see it the bill is the company's and as such there may be no obligation on their part?
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,582 43
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 256 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 768 17
- CIC Company 400 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,665 57
- Is this a scam? 770 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 131 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 341 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 248 5
- New company - form a group? 168 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 187 4
- PITA client 241 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 378 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,327 33
- Dividend dates 492 8
- R&D tax credit claim 225 5
- CIS Deductions 273 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 123 1
- is this fraud? 793 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 501 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 599
- Cancelled 348
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 333
- Cancelled 285
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 256
- Probiz 243
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 191
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 159