Is this legal?
I have a client who is a subbie in the construction industry but has recently been taken on the books by a UK registered Ltd company. His wages less PAYE are being supplemented by a dividend paid from an Irish registered company with no tax deducted. The dividend is higher than his gross wage.
I cannot see how this can be legal from a tax point of view.
Any thoughts and what would you do next? Report the company to the IR? Tell the client to find a new job of which there aren't many. Could he be liable for more tax?
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 520 4
- Setting up an offshore company 28 1
- CGT &LLP 42 1
- BrightPay 340 8
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 170 16
- Secure document exchange 98 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 147 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 374 7
- break even point 132 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 106 3
- Fax to email providers 320 11
- Payroll software 211 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 116 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 133 4
- How to issue shares to investors 62 1
- Expense management software 623 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 130 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 357 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 1,411 28