Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,463 5
- How much does the company pay 71 2
- Help with CGT please 82 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 115 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 297 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 321 17
- Will I need to resign? 940 11
- Cocaine anyone? 669 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 257 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 158 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 200 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 849 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 550 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 720 13
- Personal pension 452 9
- Business rates consultancy 273 4
- Wrong tax code 191 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 517
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 477
- corporate hierarchy 455
- Advice - 299
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 246
- WWOOFers 242
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 222
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 198
- The booking.com con 185
- Cocaine anyone? 170