Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- How to value a business asset? 64 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 376 17
- Should i tell HMRC 1,004 10
- Do we have to register for VAT? 290 5
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,633 13
- Entrepreneurs relief 75 1
- FRSEE Related Party Disclosure 42 1
- EIS reinvestment relief 127 6
- dividend versus capital distribution 148 4
- Declaration of interest 85 2
- Advice on letting a client go ? 458 8
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 219 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 149 6
- Company dividends 500 14
- Private Residence Relief after gift 217 4
- Paying the £30,000 remittance basis charge 121 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 189 7
- Receipt bank 232 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,762 91
- Unbelievable!! 569 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 866
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 560
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 523
- Latest phishing scam 438
- Entrepreneurs' relief 397
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 352
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 329
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 311
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 234
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 208