Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 203 2
- Declined for business bank account 129 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,480 282
- business card address 249 6
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 186 3
- Loan to a related company 43 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 609 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 317 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 227 8
- property rental income split 104 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 93 1
- Payroll provider 140 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 141 1
- Family loan 357 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 374 5
- Standard 'email' template system 825 13
- Donations (to a school!) 337 10
- Circular shareholding 161 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 264 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,108
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 182
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 162