Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- New supplier 99 3
- How to complain about HMRC 1,625 18
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 66 4
- PITA ex-client 113 8
- Tax on free shares 18 1
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 321 8
- Audit 397 13
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 295 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 816 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 66 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 228 13
- Scottish Independance 866 24
- Funding Circle experience 56 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 693 20
- Awkward IP 1,491 16
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 53 2
- Buying a horse?? 312 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 207 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,135 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 978 11
- CTA study material 792
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 442
- Employment related securities question 315
- AIM Stocks and IHT 294
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 272
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 214
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155