Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 113 6
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 77 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 703 27
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 224 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 71 5
- Accounting for a finance lease 108 4
- SA302's anyone?? 474 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,560 41
- Renting for military reasons 132 2
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 268 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,480 18
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 169 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,027 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 101 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 112 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 492 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,975 30
- Tax status of prizes 313 17
- Clogged Losses 246 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 310 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,614
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 894
- International interest certificate 503
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 278
- Management expenses for investment company 257
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Help with tax codes on Sage 205
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 163