Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 162 4
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 149 11
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 138 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 65 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,661 68
- Loss on disposal and impairment 42 1
- Are HMRC getting it right? 96 1
- Comments on this scenario 131 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 226 7
- Penalties 116 1
- SAGE con 231 4
- rates of pay query 226 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 96 2
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 201 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 115 1
- Overpayment relief claim 160 5
- Charity reserves 134 3
- Have i messed up? 680 10
- Year end 370 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 234 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,020
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 557
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 364
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 213
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 175
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151