Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 46 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 148 3
- Physiotherapy And Vat 160 5
- how to value rental space 54 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 297 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 54 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 444 5
- Output tax for retailer 252 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 439 11
- Budget 2015 predictions 133 4
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,912 32
- Telemarketing 111 3
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 90 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 119 2
- Husband Wife let property 103 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 92 1
- Gift between companies 119 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 452 6
- Why .... 713 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 948 9
- Possible Partnership? 591
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 497
- New Fangled Penalties 403
- Clubs and Taxable Income 326
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 295
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 248
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 209
- Outsource Data Entry 203
- Moving away from CCH software 197