Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 83 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 389 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 28 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 563 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 632 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 76 2
- Freelance/Employee 612 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 140 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 290 6
- Is it just me ... 191 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 120 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 260 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 90 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 321 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 125 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 209 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,473 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 108 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 351 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,172 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 739
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 403
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 234
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 180
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154