Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 801 17
- Auto-Enrolment 3,751 180
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 68 1
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 209 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 553 6
- First VAT Visit for client 58 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 99 3
- capital gains on PPR 1,421 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 274 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 227 14
- Incorporation Relief 91 1
- What type of Trust? 142 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 131 5
- OBK 587 19
- Instant CPD offer 133 2
- Dividend in specie 129 2
- Investor exit 106 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 163 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 78 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,754 26
- Skandia using wrong address 468
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 208
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 207
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 154