Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 773 5
- See you all on the other side 774 6
- 12Pay 556 2
- dividends 770 2
- R&D 371 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,235 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 488 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 488 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 448 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 587 5
- Seeking a tax case 702 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 565 4
- Companies house strike off 685 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 505 2
- Moving to the cloud 792 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 233 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 954 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 236 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,133 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 545 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 584
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 434
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 383
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 370
- Marginal rates of tax 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 349
- Class 2 NI 343
- USA help 330
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 315