Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 785 32
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 199 8
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 146 8
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 249 2
- Your fondest calculator memories 244 12
- Sale of an investment between group companies 78 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 365 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 237 4
- That old chestnut 563 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 19 1
- Partner with an IVA 57 4
- Joint filing delays 32 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 192 4
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 56 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 1,270 18
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 157 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 221 4
- Growing pains 319 6
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 178 6
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 507 13
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 402
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 270
- Pre incorp expenses 261
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 169
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 164