Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- New business 486 5
- Ok to disclaim? 55 1
- Disengagement Help! 54 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 986 41
- Xerocon 2016 487 7
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 97 3
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 323 8
- Autumn statement 120 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 55 1
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 299 3
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 120 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,637 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 608 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,175 38
- Sale of business assets 121 3
- Moneysoft error 498 8
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,738 40
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 138 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 168 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 231 2