Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 154 5
- Accountants' Error 699 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 149 3
- Scoot 184 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 153 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 205 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,454 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 111 1
- Regaining my qualification 205 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 237 2
- Auto enrolment 195 3
- Shareholder agreement 174 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 197 3
- Company Reorganisation 166 3
- Employee Loan 210 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 466 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 597 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 152 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,453
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 767
- Any views 699
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 426
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 390
- Sale of business 356
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 257
- IRIS Open Books problem 250