Loooking for oldest practicing Accountant on AW
I do not have any plans to retire, health permitting I intend to carryon for as long as I can.
I have a long way to go before getting to 60. I would be grateful to hear from 65+ years old practicing accountants. The older the better. It would be great to hear from 80 year old in practice. I intend to be one (I hope!). I may even go to an accountancy franchior open day on my 80th birthday to talk about 10 year growth strategy! Constraining factor - my death!
Are clients okay with extra mature accountants? Don't they think passed it? Will he/she be able to do the work now?
I was surprised and pleased to see a question from a 50+ year old thinking of starting a practice - great!
I think accountancy is of one of those careers where we can carryon as long as health and brain function allows.
- fraud 345 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 172 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 106 2
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 174 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 62 1
- VAT on employee loan 344 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 146 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 277 9
- Auto enrolment 1,476 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 169 3
- Client's company struck off 602 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 106 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 199 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 346 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 112 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 201 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 142 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 726 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 159 3
- Investment property? 106 2
- QROP pension input amounts 470
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 426
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 408
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 258
- EPS and CIS deductions 248
- Construction CIS LLP Company 242
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 200
- SAGE winforecast 174
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 166
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 156