Ltd - Goodwill - Tax treatment
Client formed a Ltd company in May 02 and purchased a franchise business. The opening balance sheet had 2 intangibles, Goodwill and the purchase of the franchise licence.
After much searching on the Web inc this site it appears that this can be written off over the life of the franchise [10yrs] and the charge to P&L is tax deductible.
Is this correct or have I missed something?
- Legal advisor recommendation please 34 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,029 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 324 3
- HMRC Postal Delays 113 3
- Landing clients 598 19
- Time to react ? ? ? 603 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 77 2
- Dividends 103 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 90 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 303 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 83 1
- Signed accounts for bank 437 9
- Termination Payment 392 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 192 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 291 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 200 5
- flat rate scheme 2,159 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 129 1
- Opening a Quick books file 193 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 562 15