Ltd - Goodwill - Tax treatment
Client formed a Ltd company in May 02 and purchased a franchise business. The opening balance sheet had 2 intangibles, Goodwill and the purchase of the franchise licence.
After much searching on the Web inc this site it appears that this can be written off over the life of the franchise [10yrs] and the charge to P&L is tax deductible.
Is this correct or have I missed something?
- Xerocon 2016 1,057 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,198 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 272 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 302 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 625 12
- Personal Tax 532 11
- USA Tax Query 200 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,678 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 953 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 327 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 611 18
- Corrupt Excel File 677 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 359 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,989 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 291 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 429 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 194 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 379 4
- last minute request 539 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,262 46