Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 190 1
- Share transfer question 306 16
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 229 7
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 535 10
- The stupidity continues 86 2
- New Employers Helpline 138 3
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 426 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 222 5
- Overlap relief 724 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,303 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 194 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 192 4
- VAT Query 194 2
- Sacked my first client 666 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 418 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 252 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,273 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 622 11
- Trades and deadlines 163 3
- How to pay national insurance 652 18
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 422
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172