Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,379 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 334 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 111 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 203 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 585 27
- Depreciation 156 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 133 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 224 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 180 3
- client can't/won't pay 450 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 204 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 256 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 269 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,194 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 275 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 217 5
- HMRC SA software error? 186 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 177 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 791
- Copy Wanted 505
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 463
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 456
- Latest phishing scam 293
- Entrepreneurs' relief 282
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 256
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 244
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 241