Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 696 21
- Year end 188 3
- tax credits 169 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 977 16
- Foreign income for self employed 145 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 268 9
- LLP - Member leaving 159 6
- what time is it ? 124 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 278 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,071 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 231 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 583 21
- How would you account for warranty? 165 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 406 22
- Sweet Tooth 205 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 185 2
- trading or dormant 126 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 138 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 577 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 280 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 882
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 520
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 169