Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 62 3
- Are agent account managers any good? 212 3
- Moneysoft update problem 126 3
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 53 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 660 10
- CGT allowable expenditure 43 2
- error on companies house accounts 825 19
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 444 13
- Working in Australia and using allowance in UK? 46 1
- Group Relief 163 4
- New shareholder 272 4
- Newly Started Practice 808 16
- HMRC stupidity of the day 346 3
- Directors obligation to notify 250 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 245 4
- Clients 834 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 274 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 402 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 402 2
- Sage Payroll 203 4
- QROP pension input amounts 507
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 497
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 314
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 300
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 264
- SAGE winforecast 210
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 197