Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 760 18
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,267 47
- Xerocon 2016 1,139 31
- Website Content 19 1
- Mortgage Reference 449 5
- Personal Tax 594 12
- New Build 125 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 98 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 124 1
- USA Tax Query 268 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 416 5
- last minute request 619 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 318 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 352 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,718 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 977 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 392 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 633 18
- Corrupt Excel File 695 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,009 43