Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 186 6
- Land Registry 157 1
- Transferring rental property to limited company 176 9
- Advertising Tips? 150 6
- IR35 292 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,410 14
- Cloud-based email services? 238 6
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 403 12
- Dormant co. now trading 300 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,656 21
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,152 25
- Company Structure 112 4
- Online or Paper 64-8? 189 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 392 4
- Lease premium payment of £20,000 145 3
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 125 2
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 138 5
- Late PAYE Registration 198 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,475 27
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 158 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 722
- 2015 tax year end 462
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 426
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 347
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 258
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 206