Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Residents Association Corp Tax 298 13
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 41 1
- Gift to employee 300 7
- Sage Import Data 239 5
- private to company car? 348 9
- Which address 960 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 76 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 248 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 941 15
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 84 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 240 6
- Best time software for small practice? 168 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 449 17
- Vat threshold issues 438 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 156 7
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,116 41
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 462 9
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 381 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,058 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,976 27
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 468
- CTA study material 449
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 321
- Pre incorp expenses 299
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 258
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 247
- Slight twist on employment related securities 223
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 200
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 143
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 130