Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Directors loan accounts 153 5
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 97 4
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 20 1
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 179 4
- BTC Software 170 7
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,172 18
- New Practice 324 18
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 91 1
- CGT on second home? 88 3
- Myfirmsapp 697 17
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 270 6
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 207 6
- Feedback on Kashflow and VAT 62 1
- Sage reporting 58 2
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 871 29
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 492 12
- Taxfiler V's BTC 680 25
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 268 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 545 29
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 107 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,011
- International interest certificate 589
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 517
- NOVA 473
- Bonus Bonds 357
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 337
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 258
- Payment for Promotional Samples 232
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 225
- Quickbooks 2015 154