Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 54 2
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 160 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 660 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 73 1
- cold file reviewer needed 51 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 699 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,149 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,369 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 149 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 212 10
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 96 2
- break even point 856 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 412 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 646 19
- National Insurance Contributions 192 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 171 6
- Limited Company trading status. 92 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 183 1
- Dividends 150 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 398 11
- Possible Partnership? 492
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 283
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 246
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 238
- Loans to other companies 186
- Tasbook email configuration 175