Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- VAT - Recharge 117 3
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 243 3
- Legal title not in the company name 359 13
- Redundancy pay for directors? 521 14
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 900 19
- Opening Balances 87 1
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 210 2
- Employment Allowance 255 3
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 181 4
- CIC Company 541 7
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,378 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 323 4
- NALS Accountants Report 150 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,500 35
- Dividend dates 587 10
- Sole properietor 234 4
- transitioning payroll 272 8
- dividend proposals 159 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 266 2
- Deduction from Salary 330 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 626
- Cancelled 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 314
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 286
- Probiz 275
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 240
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 232
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 207
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 178