Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Can this be done? 138 1
- Staff 20 2
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 52 4
- are we that stupid 895 20
- Capital Allowance & AIA 85 1
- Foster Care 97 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 339 5
- letter of reference 151 1
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 90 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 286 3
- Flat Management Company 203 1
- Share structure questions - close company 179 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 169 4
- Income prior to company formation 339 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 731 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 332 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 133 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 529 5
- Practice software 1,423 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 367 1
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 330
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 248
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 217
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 216
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 157
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 152
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 152
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148