Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 225 1
- Deferred Tax 425 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 999 30
- Benefit in Kind 186 5
- You know its over 424 5
- Am I getting Soft?? 119 8
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 128 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 205 3
- Wrong tax code 74 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,257 14
- Cocaine anyone? 583 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 114 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 175 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 296 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 480 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,296 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 532 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 263 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 219 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 208 2
- Hive up 500
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 468
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 284
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 211
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 187
- The booking.com con 160