Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 719 28
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 89 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 376 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 292 8
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 191 9
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 92 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 217 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 127 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 231 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 119 4
- SA302's anyone?? 494 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,587 41
- Renting for military reasons 142 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,515 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,035 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 106 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 122 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 502 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,981 30
- Tax status of prizes 318 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,614
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 894
- International interest certificate 505
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 280
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Management expenses for investment company 257
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 163
- P11D benefit received by widow 146