Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Companies House Search 379 5
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,671 33
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 690 10
- Employment Intermediaries 100 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 433 5
- CGT on selling company shares 250 9
- do i need an online accounting software 222 4
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 191 3
- Moneysoft Payroll 685 16
- Property gift to sister 310 8
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 125 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,704 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 173 3
- Who gets the CGT deduction 306 4
- VAT training 433 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 293 7
- 31st october deadline 419 6
- RTI Late Registration query 162 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 288 2
- Payroll software 226 1
- NHS finance professionals 721
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 409
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 392
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 347
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 309
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 237
- IFA income recognition & reporting 236