Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Time to ditch Sage? 49 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 207 7
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,341 32
- Fees 49 1
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 61 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 223 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 160 2
- Non VAT invoices 67 1
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 214 7
- Form 17 Download 72 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 530 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 364 4
- HMRC Information notice 977 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 260 3
- Accountant Specialization. 361 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,735 42
- Sage Line 50 160 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 167 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 432 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 388 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 199
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 173
- AIA 171