Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Do I need to pay my accountant 148 3
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 317 17
- Limited company buying a car 179 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 466 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 567 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 213 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 293 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 128 2
- ACCA practice certificates 500 5
- Limited company buying director's car 302 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 87 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 123 1
- WC's and capital allowances 178 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 317 13
- Dress code 1,551 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 484 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 265 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 389 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 477 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 208 4
- CTA study material 771
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 400
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 259
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149