Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 131 2
- Overseas bank interest 50 1
- Rental Income Tax Planning 244 4
- Undeclared rental income 1,745 18
- Cash basis 208 7
- Statutory sick pay 79 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,855 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,181 12
- Lorry Drivers 339 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 221 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,492 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 113 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 280 3
- PRR 578 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 208 2
- Partially exempt? 313 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 252 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 572 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 247 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 211 4
- Skandia using wrong address 528
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 241
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 231
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139