Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 146 2
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 77 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 529 24
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,309 420
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 949 48
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 323 16
- Is this fraud? 525 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 71 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 268 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 63 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 154 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 146 1
- Naming new company 309 6
- Saying goodbye 540 14
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 198 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 651 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 398 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 93 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 794 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,493 31
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,284
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 244
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 156
- Employer's Helpline 153
- employment capital allowances 143