Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Cloud accounting package 105 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 984 39
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 774 14
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 480 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 238 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 141 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 222 6
- Next Move 313 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 391 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 170 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 218 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 333 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 698 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 266 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 153 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,224 34
- Casual Driver 243 4
- Self Assessment Software 631 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 342 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,257 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 630
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 394
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 393
- Property letting & CAs 376
- 2015 tax year end 371
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 369
- FCA regulated company in a small group 335
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 230
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 223
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 217