Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 299 5
- Partnership Registration 62 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 879 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 87 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 659 12
- Audit Required 1,176 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 293 9
- Residential Management Companies 76 2
- Value pricing 2,842 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 389 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 382 11
- Payroll software for Mac 115 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 102 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 200 6
- LLP members share of profits 635 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 424 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 137 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 102 1
- Registered Office 110 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 940
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 392
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 256
- Paye procedures for CVA 246
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 242
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 193
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 184