Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 430 22
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 307 20
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 87 1
- Excessive Security 752 32
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 464 9
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 502 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 115 2
- Fee protection 319 10
- Go Cardless 95 3
- EIS deferral relief 36 1
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,266 41
- Bringing money to Uk 95 1
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,050 31
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 200 3
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 86 3
- VAT Inspection 101 2
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 186 1
- LLP classification of division of profit 170 5
- Is it just me 218 6
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 217 12
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 325
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 264
- Mehjoo 205
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 205
- New strategic report 161
- Domain name sale and limited company 144
- South African Government Pension 141
- CIS schemes 137