Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 179 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 71 2
- Director's tax return 155 3
- Tricky VAT question 79 1
- Wrong career 360 15
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 85 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 202 6
- VT accounts licence key 203 5
- Weely paid employees 189 2
- Splitting the tax year 58 1
- FPS Submission 106 2
- PTP software disaster 172 1
- Value pricing 625 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 194 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 107 1
- vat return 208 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,958 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 158 3
- reporting salary? 248 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 781
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 536
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 405
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 287
- Free Tax Legislation? 242
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 231
- Director Loan account operation 226
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 155