Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Budget 2015 predictions 174 5
- Husband Wife let property 129 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 435 8
- Goodie bag 93 1
- Career in Practice 109 2
- Relevant life plan 337 8
- Limited Company expenses 367 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 190 6
- Telemarketing 153 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 139 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 126 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 175 3
- how to value rental space 95 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 324 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 66 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 457 5
- Output tax for retailer 260 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 448 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,931 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 95 1
- Possible Partnership? 597
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 499
- New Fangled Penalties 405
- Clubs and Taxable Income 329
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 296
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 249
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 210
- Outsource Data Entry 204
- Moving away from CCH software 198