Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Work to Rented Business Premises 117 1
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 125 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,157 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 377 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,148 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 122 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 256 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 154 2
- V T Software 174 2
- Thinning income 341 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 134 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 344 4
- tax credits 250 4
- Past rental expenses 117 1
- What do do about VAT? 541 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 286 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 191 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 221 4
- Audacity 1,322 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 695 8
- NHS finance professionals 594
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 389
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 324
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 305
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 271
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 225
- IFA income recognition & reporting 199
- Incorporating doctors 192