Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Investment properties/freehold land 21 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 420 19
- Capital Loss 50 3
- HMRC filing meltdown? 776 25
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 641 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 380 6
- no utr 170 7
- LLP formed in 2013 48 1
- Tax Returns for non residents 209 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,058 47
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 73 2
- Clothing 465 11
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 204 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 144 7
- Practice management 426 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 115 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,671 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,697 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 234 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 307 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 944
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 610
- Latest phishing scam 591
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 428
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 320
- Scratch Head 255
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 187