Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 249 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 762 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,563 42
- CIC Company 390 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,656 57
- Is this a scam? 762 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 124 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 335 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 242 5
- New company - form a group? 162 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 182 4
- PITA client 229 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 372 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,318 33
- Dividend dates 491 8
- R&D tax credit claim 223 5
- CIS Deductions 272 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 120 1
- is this fraud? 792 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 498 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 283
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 189
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 157