Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Giving a seminar 87 6
- jury service 102 2
- Late submission of 2008 Tax Return 28 2
- Charge out rates in London? 255 1
- Related Parties Note 930 11
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 135 3
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 312 7
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,922 74
- Disposal of property 139 3
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,695 50
- Property scam victim 352 7
- 10 year debentures and CT 75 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 453 9
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 304 11
- Shareholder agreement issues on development 64 1
- Tasks for new trainees 216 5
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 845 19
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 605 16
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 134 2
- Partnership returns software 122 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,105
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 581
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 292
- Interest on Loan to a Company 194
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 168
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 158
- Residency 91 day rule 144