Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,004 15
- Accountants' Error 65 1
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 13 1
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 53 2
- Companies House Abbreviated Accounts 357 5
- Deferral relief 37 1
- Wear and tear allowance 346 5
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 616 25
- HMRC Enquiry 465 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 192 2
- Share swap 84 1
- Cashback 313 2
- another ir35!!!! 197 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 251 1
- Settlement, or any other issues? 81 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 93 3
- Buying blocks of fees 370 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 270 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 169 2
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 268 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,425
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 672
- HMRC Employers Diary 501
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 376
- Sale of business 327
- NOVA 237
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 223