Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Overseas company and VAT 16 1
- Market Value/Connected Persons 202 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 93 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 145 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 127 2
- Personal allowance 423 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 463 12
- Scams are not always obvious 700 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 138 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 141 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 101 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 184 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 94 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 620 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 254 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 257 8
- Is this legal? 627 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,998 23
- Cells from many sheets 131 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 220