Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 559 18
- Staff training 1,516 13
- are we that stupid 499 11
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 235 3
- Goodwill on incorporation 174 2
- Company Strike off 246 10
- Is there a UK CGT base cost on the sale of these shares? 122 1
- Company Limited by Guarantee 243 4
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 155 2
- wife as partner 1,052 7
- Self Assessment penalties again 167 2
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 295 6
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 389 8
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,389 19
- living will or LPA? 102 1
- Practice software 1,362 19
- Job costing 217 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 251 5
- Shares held in trust 191 4
- Servicing AE fees 365 7
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 328
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 323
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 258
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 237
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 212
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 146
- Indian Provident Fund 139