Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Starting Again 165 4
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 693 35
- P11D Software 767 9
- Mortgage Adviser's request 212 6
- CGT on spouse's death 138 5
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 189 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 245 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 376 10
- Tax relief for networking day out? 400 8
- Payroll software 176 4
- Company UTR numbers 295 6
- Summer house for business only 101 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 100 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 562 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 139 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 136 3
- How do you count your clients 407 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 154 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 114 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 471 9
- Construction CIS LLP Company 592
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 280
- Government Gateway - VAT 276
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 245
- RTI - duplicate employee record 237
- Accelerated payment notices 228