Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 574 5
- VAT disaggregation 180 3
- What are HMRC implying? 554 2
- HMRC having technical difficulties 329 11
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 71 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 42 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 178 4
- Right To Manage Company 117 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 880 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 179 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 814 7
- VAT Flat Rate 336 1
- BrightPay quirks 383 6
- Closing down loss-making company 256 3
- AccountingWEB survey 474 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,158 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 822 10
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 315 1
- Mortgage Reference 707 9
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,412 50