Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 343
- Set up a company pension 280
- RTI Fees 265
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 241
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 210
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 204
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 200
- CIS late registration 195
- EIS 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 194
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 186
- Break up basis accounting 179
- Best structure 174
- Accounts production software for business SSC 170
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 153
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145