Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- VAT - How hard is it? 627 22
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 384 5
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 407 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 164 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 69 2
- The importance of Grammar 1,224 34
- Profit split from an investment property 80 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,231 34
- Xero Pain Points 476 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 281 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 835 12
- VAT and Groups 59 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 222 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,875 13
- tax saving on card points 175 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 197 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 438 5
- Scissors 800 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 291 8
- working from home 1,696 29
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 290
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 198
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171