Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 120 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 302 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 30 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 265 7
- Family Partnership 281 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 176 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 190 6
- Business trips - director and family 417 3
- Signed accounts for bank 662 15
- flat rate scheme 2,372 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 167 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 327 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 181 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 90 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 848 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 200 5
- VAT Query on new build 125 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 116 1
- P11D Car Value 273 6
- NOVA declaration 112 1