Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- signature required 647 24
- National insurance on an overseas employess 96 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 151 5
- Client handover 195 5
- format cell to exclude decimals 166 11
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 215 3
- contractor business mileage 110 1
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 231 6
- Use of home query 283 5
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 702 13
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 86 2
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 203 4
- Subsistence Exclusions 51 1
- Homing sandwiches 653 15
- CIS software 162 4
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 176 4
- Settlement discount 242 6
- Entrepreeur's relief 80 1
- IT advisory questions? 326 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,628 21
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,273
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 842
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 533
- Digita Hosted Software 348
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 207
- TheTax Donut 199
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 170