Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 209 5
- See you all on the other side 423 6
- 12Pay 174 2
- dividends 204 2
- R&D 171 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,023 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 313 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 215 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 161 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 402 5
- Seeking a tax case 414 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 284 4
- Companies house strike off 232 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 201 2
- Moving to the cloud 649 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 170 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 774 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 156 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,006 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 356 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 527
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 399
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 355
- IRIS and FRS 102 331
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 292
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 253
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 250
- Capital gains on rental property 233
- Sage Coretime 219