Management reporting for voluntary organisation
A voluntary organisation in NZ has contacted me for assistance with preparing consolidated management reports (ie actual/budget, P&L & B/Sheet) for all its branches.
Aside from immediately obvious things (at least to me), such as one accounting system, common chart of accounts, common departmental structure), can anyone suggest any practical tips to help get this job done?
The majority of branches are currently using MYOB. Everything else (budgets, all existing reports) are being done in Excel.
I'm interested to find out what systems and processes are of practical benefit in this scenario.
PS I've ticked this question as being of student interest, because it doesn't fit any other category, but anyne can reply!
- Lack of VAT Receipt 98 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 305 6
- Benefit in Kind 282 6
- Help with CGT please 61 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 313 17
- Will I need to resign? 925 11
- Cocaine anyone? 659 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 252 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 144 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 187 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 176 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 841 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 544 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 712 13
- Personal pension 444 9
- Business rates consultancy 269 4
- Wrong tax code 181 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 105 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 327 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,067 31
- Hive up 514
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 475
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 297
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 242
- WWOOFers 238
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 221
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 196
- The booking.com con 180
- UK State pension paid in NZ 168