Manfred Bog Case
Does any of our VAT experts have any information regarding the Manfred Bog Case ruling made in Germany which relates to "food and meals which have been prepared for immediate consumption by boiling, grilling, roasting, baking or other means"
Apparently this ruling could cause all takeaway food to be zero rated in the UK! with the possibility of retrospective claims of 4 yrs back this could be massive!
Does anyone have any further information or even any successful cases in the UK regarding the zero rating of hot food as described above?
The argument was that this would be a supply of goods and not services as the service element of takeaway food is not predominant.
Hains Watts are already advertising this ruling on their website.
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,000 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 77 1
- LLP - Member leaving 178 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 722 21
- Year end 220 3
- tax credits 183 7
- Foreign income for self employed 160 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 285 9
- what time is it ? 174 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 296 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,113 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 237 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 596 21
- How would you account for warranty? 172 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 411 22
- Sweet Tooth 220 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 194 2
- trading or dormant 132 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 152 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 585 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 893
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 521
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 333
- How to format a stock book 315
- Tax efficient holding company structure 251
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 244
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 173
- Charge out rates in London? 153