Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2009
I have a client who uses MOAE. It is not my preferred software but the client likes it for what he does, mainly producing the sales invoices. I find it very clumsy to use but the biggest problem I have is the VAT Return.
The problem I have is that there is no VAT code for "outside the scope of VAT". There is no support with the free Express version but on a Microsoft forum the moderator advised that MOA was approved by HMRC and that items outside the scope should be coded as E for exempt. Unfortunately this means they are also included in boxes 1 and 4 of the return. I have passed this to HMRC who gave a detailed reply that the Microsoft forum was wrong on both counts, and confirmed the way it handled VAT is incorrect. I also have a problem with the treatment of EC sales and purchases.
Has anyone had experience of MOAE and can advise if I have got something wrong in the setup or who has found another solution?
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 103 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 628 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 84 3
- Company Share Buy Back 101 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 919 15
- Unpaid share capital 244 3
- Company car in the LLP 168 2
- Physiotherapy 336 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 227 1
- New build property to be rented 157 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,873 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 104 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 98 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 163 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 165 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 212 4
- Private company division 312 5
- Outstanding Loans 220 3