Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2009
I have a client who uses MOAE. It is not my preferred software but the client likes it for what he does, mainly producing the sales invoices. I find it very clumsy to use but the biggest problem I have is the VAT Return.
The problem I have is that there is no VAT code for "outside the scope of VAT". There is no support with the free Express version but on a Microsoft forum the moderator advised that MOA was approved by HMRC and that items outside the scope should be coded as E for exempt. Unfortunately this means they are also included in boxes 1 and 4 of the return. I have passed this to HMRC who gave a detailed reply that the Microsoft forum was wrong on both counts, and confirmed the way it handled VAT is incorrect. I also have a problem with the treatment of EC sales and purchases.
Has anyone had experience of MOAE and can advise if I have got something wrong in the setup or who has found another solution?
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 78 5
- Corrupt Excel File 651 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 312 4
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 86 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,934 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,155 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 265 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 344 7
- Personal Tax 375 10
- Xerocon 2016 915 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,594 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 93 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 182 4
- last minute request 422 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,226 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 266 2
- Mortgage Reference 287 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 207 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 459 9