Misleading and/or illegal ?
For reasons I won't bore you charity audit client wants to put trading name (say "Billy Blogs") at the top of each page in the accounts rather than the CH registered name ABC Ltd (they do not want to formally change the name).
Looking up company names disclosures CA2006 appears to say that the name and RN must appear on a primary document such as the DR/balance sheet but surely (1) the audit report must refer to ABC Ltd and (2) "Billy Blogs" should not appear at the head of each page of the accounts as otherwise this is misleading ?? Would have throught that other than ABC Ltd appearing on a primary statement and the audit report then no name/number reference should be used ?
Any thoughts welcomed.
- Creative Auto Enrolment 691 11
- Change PAYE agent address 172 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 94 4
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 168 8
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 39 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 224 4
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 124 2
- AccountingWEB survey 347 4
- An IT question 349 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 109 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,109 38
- Disengagement Help! 1,407 21
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 78 1
- Accounting for stolen van? 213 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,158 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 157 1
- self employed losses 176 1
- Unpaid fees 474 9
- Vat payable on van 311 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 590 13