MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 848 26
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 206 8
- Double tax agreement - do you show income on UK return even if the DTA says it is taxed in the other country? 121 2
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,280 13
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 372 10
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 241 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 390 8
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 117 3
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 364 5
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 246 8
- VAT in Sage 174 3
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 486 10
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 277 4
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,319 23
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 573 1
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 344 10
- Transition to FRS102 - goodwill 525 14
- Employed clients and expenses 849 16
- Goods Purchased for Rental 638 31
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 159 3
- NOVA 494
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 362
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 244
- Friendly Pensions 185
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 166
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 149
- Finance Lease 145
- Company Car Lease 142