MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- LLP - Member leaving 11 1
- How would you account for warranty? 64 1
- Sweet Tooth 48 2
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 997 12
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 160 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 145 2
- trading or dormant 74 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 53 1
- tax credits 94 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 491 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 166 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 552 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 248 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 99 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 184 3
- Foreign income for self employed 117 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 617 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 69 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 486 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 856
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 512
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 300
- Tax efficient holding company structure 238
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 232
- Investment property company accounts template 222
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 216
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 184
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 155