MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 499 7
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,264 13
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 211 3
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 339 10
- Best software for small practice? 368 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,194 19
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 164 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 155 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 285 6
- HMRC Statements 279 4
- Costly Accounting Software contract 441 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 240 3
- Company Number 10000000 636 5
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 225 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,338 21
- Cloud-based email services? 583 11
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 163 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 688 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 455 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 550 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 757
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 305
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 242
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 189