MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Time to ditch Sage? 258 4
- Fees 282 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 246 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 391 14
- HMRC Post 531 7
- Transactions with directors 446 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 286 9
- Non VAT invoices 200 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 201 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,390 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 227 2
- Form 17 Download 153 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 383 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 280 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,786 42
- Sage Line 50 184 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178