MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 169 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,154 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,834 60
- Legal title not in the company name 797 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 345 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 314 8
- Opening Balances 208 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 591 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 119 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 95 1
- This is getting boring 622 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 268 7
- pension paid by company? 124 3
- inheritance tax 429 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 231 4
- State pension 304 3
- Accountancy Career 150 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 641
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 338
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 269
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224