MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Partially exempt? 231 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 76 1
- First VAT Visit for client 194 4
- Dividend in specie 219 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 148 8
- Lorry Drivers 126 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 39 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 72 1
- Mexican student in UK 110 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 186 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 286 12
- payroll software 88 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,040 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 84 1
- Pricing 325 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 242 5
- VAT 113 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 848 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 642 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 209 3
- Skandia using wrong address 477
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 268
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 217
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 201
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157