MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 711 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 120 2
- Direct debit entry query 105 3
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,087 18
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 29 1
- IT advisory questions? 369 10
- Homing sandwiches 742 16
- Acounting Courses 84 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 94 2
- signature required 794 30
- Any constructive answers? 302 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 261 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 80 1
- When to leave the VAT FRS 133 6
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 212 2
- Use of home query 386 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 300 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 538 11
- CIS software 195 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 157 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,286
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 326
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 155