MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 383 12
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 312 11
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 142 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 703 9
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 253 7
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 117 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 208 3
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 61 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 275 8
- SA tax assessments 205 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 246 3
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 124 3
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,677 24
- new capital structure ltd with investors 290 4
- Who can I refer leads to? 291 6
- Companies House 308 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 162 2
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 149 1
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 685 14
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 697 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 433
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 249
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 220
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 218
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 155
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 144