MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 95 8
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 207 3
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 69 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 55 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 499 13
- CGT history of shares 191 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 149 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 209 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 340 6
- CGT on sale of let property 131 2
- how do i get UTR 156 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 96 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 247 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 147 1
- Your comments please 322 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 201 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 138 2
- EIS 200 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 141 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 120 2
- Moving away from CCH software 970
- QROP pension input amounts 454
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 399
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 385
- fraud 307
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 286
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 247
- Construction CIS LLP Company 232
- EPS and CIS deductions 226
- Out of time or not? 213