MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,118 85
- Where can I get the information for this 372 7
- BrightPay 368 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 207 3
- CGT &LLP 81 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 544 4
- Setting up an offshore company 111 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 137 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 162 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 393 7
- break even point 178 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 115 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 255 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 146 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 99 1
- Expense management software 632 12
- Tax code 163 1