MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 517 5
- See you all on the other side 648 6
- 12Pay 373 2
- dividends 505 2
- R&D 283 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,140 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 423 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 364 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 332 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 522 5
- Seeking a tax case 597 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 460 4
- Companies house strike off 469 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 373 2
- Moving to the cloud 717 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 867 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,075 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 469 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 546
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 413
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 364
- IRIS and FRS 102 346
- Capitalising Finance Lease 312
- USA help 309
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 286
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 255
- Sage Coretime 231