MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- VT accounts licence key 15 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 90 2
- Career Advice 139 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 66 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 91 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,892 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 220 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 77 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 166 2
- Wrong career 203 8
- Other forums 106 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 209 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 101 3
- Agent with HMRC 273 11
- Quarterly PAYE 275 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 184 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 568 4
- Newsletter 247 5
- RTI Filing 1,770 22
- Fee's for P11D's 326 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 529
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 216
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- Free Tax Legislation? 206
- vat return 180