MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 373 7
- Late registration for MOSS 229 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 345 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 259 5
- Self employed care worker 460 10
- Client right to working papers 270 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 526 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 315 4
- Professional Clearance 1,030 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 258 5
- Illegal share transfer 438 5
- Audacity 877 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 162 2
- Company Strike off 1,825 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,112 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 384 3
- Estate admin practicalities 218 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,495 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 321 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,781 31
- NHS finance professionals 530
- VAL231 407
- Mother and son property ownership 369
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 358
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 304
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 284
- vat gross profit percentage margins 268
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 221