MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Holding companies 60 3
- VAT on motor expenses 810 29
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 149 5
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 72 3
- What does it mean?? 52 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 120 8
- A question about share structure 155 2
- VAT & Landlords 79 2
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 585 4
- Client died family to pay redundancy 167 2
- Gifting shares 191 3
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 296 5
- Rent paid by director 53 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 106 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 414 13
- Builder using cash labour 319 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 745 18
- Accomodation charge for Publican 124 2
- VAT Registration 344 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 67 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,516
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 455
- NOVA 313
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 196
- Bonus Bonds 194
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 190
- Management expenses for investment company 187
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165