MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 95 2
- You know its over 190 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 100 3
- Cocaine anyone? 436 8
- Late Registration for VAT 466 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 155 11
- EIS/SEIS 124 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 391 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 388 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 657 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 523 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 548 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 84 1
- Personal pension 389 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,194 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 894 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 122 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,504 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 444
- corporate hierarchy 427
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165