MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Sick pay 116 2
- home office expenses as a director 118 4
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 244 7
- Undeclared rental income 254 5
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 206 4
- Drop box Storage 871 9
- Drop Down Boxes 152 2
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 205 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,369 498
- CIS paid under reg 9 207 1
- PAYE Refunds from HMRC 183 4
- rti 239 9
- Cash injection by shareholder 726 9
- Another goodwill question ....... 240 2
- FIFA game and making money 1,756 15
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 406 7
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 267 4
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 812 21
- Property management company Online returns 102 1
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 139 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,402
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 535
- National Insurance 436
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 256
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 240
- Employer's Helpline 194
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 163
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 159
- Umbrella pay services 133