MLR check - how far do you take it?
I must admit that I have always drawn a line at family members .... I was fairly envolved with my neice being born and my brothers have pretty much always been about ... I really don't think I need to confirm their identities formally!
The thing is, if you accept there rationally can be some exceptions then what about the client I am looking at this morning? I have known him for about 20 years. We have gone on holiday together and at no point was he arrested going through passport control. Some years ago we owned a business together and have therefore used the same solicitors. He has lived in the same house all that time and I attended his mum's funeral a while ago. I think I probably have a good idea of who he is.
So, if he is perhaps OK ... what about his brother who is has started his new business with. I don't know him apart from as my friends brother but they have kept the pretence up for a very long time!
What about my dad's nice neighbours? To all the world they appear to be genial pensioners with modest incomes and no hobbies remotely involving the use of semtex.
Every now and then I think this is all a total waste of time and need reassurance that through my efforts I am keeping the global tide of terrorism at bay single-handedly.
- Flat Rate VAT 232 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 704 15
- Practice software 1,179 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 303 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 533 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 488 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 226 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 566 8
- Redundancy pay 316 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 232 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 261 5
- Servicing AE fees 175 2
- VAT Receipts 270 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 145 2
- P800 problems again 110 1
- Company accounts for £350 985 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 432 12
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,160 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 152 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 230 5
- FRS 101 Software 337
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 304
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 274
- French ConnectionUK 239
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 212
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 203
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 202
- APN's 185
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 183