A moral dilemma
Pretty simple question though ethical minefiled.
I have 2 clients who deal with each other in a business sense.
I know that 1, the receiver of services is about to go into administration with no real possibility of the business being saved nor any creditors getting their money.
So do I inform my other client who is currently owed a relatively modest but not insignificant sum. They are not currently doing any work together.
I am mindful that I have this information in my professional capacity and therefore in confidence, but also that the surviving client is likely to be annoyed that I did not warn them. It is also the case the client is resaonably new to our firm and we were recommended by the business which is about to fail.
- How to walk away without questions 2,681 17
- IHT Query 402 9
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 63 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 96 2
- Get it off your chest 206 4
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 247 7
- Directors bonus 122 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 78 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 264 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 201 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 140 3
- break even point 1,109 33
- The return 746 27
- Sell business after leaving country 322 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 88 2
- Charity accounting 71 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 1,003 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 150 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 151 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 360 2
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 549
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 347
- Clubs and Taxable Income 289
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 207
- Outsource Data Entry 173
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172