A moral dilemma
Pretty simple question though ethical minefiled.
I have 2 clients who deal with each other in a business sense.
I know that 1, the receiver of services is about to go into administration with no real possibility of the business being saved nor any creditors getting their money.
So do I inform my other client who is currently owed a relatively modest but not insignificant sum. They are not currently doing any work together.
I am mindful that I have this information in my professional capacity and therefore in confidence, but also that the surviving client is likely to be annoyed that I did not warn them. It is also the case the client is resaonably new to our firm and we were recommended by the business which is about to fail.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 109 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 164 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 101 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 191 2
- CIS Software 120 1
- Company assets 367 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 226 6
- MoneySoft 174 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 86 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 147 2
- Self assessment 155 1
- Claiming VAT 138 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,126 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 177 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 278 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 276 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 157 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 505
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 246
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 185
- VAT - registration needed? 182
- Accrued income scheme 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180