A moral dilemma
Pretty simple question though ethical minefiled.
I have 2 clients who deal with each other in a business sense.
I know that 1, the receiver of services is about to go into administration with no real possibility of the business being saved nor any creditors getting their money.
So do I inform my other client who is currently owed a relatively modest but not insignificant sum. They are not currently doing any work together.
I am mindful that I have this information in my professional capacity and therefore in confidence, but also that the surviving client is likely to be annoyed that I did not warn them. It is also the case the client is resaonably new to our firm and we were recommended by the business which is about to fail.
- Director with lots of personal expenses 26 2
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 20 1
- Taxi Plate & Car 161 4
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 77 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 124 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 953 46
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 588 13
- Filing amended tax return 109 1
- Tier One Tribunal 202 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 825 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 120 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 119 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 257 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 152 2
- Another transfer of property 150 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 223 7
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 198 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 199 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 566 14
- SA316s 233 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 613
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 597
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 389
- Pensions Regulator 358
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 296
- Using the correct forms 271
- RTI - duplicate employee record 266
- SA penalty proposals 259
- Accelerated payment notices 240
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 236