A moral dilemma
Pretty simple question though ethical minefiled.
I have 2 clients who deal with each other in a business sense.
I know that 1, the receiver of services is about to go into administration with no real possibility of the business being saved nor any creditors getting their money.
So do I inform my other client who is currently owed a relatively modest but not insignificant sum. They are not currently doing any work together.
I am mindful that I have this information in my professional capacity and therefore in confidence, but also that the surviving client is likely to be annoyed that I did not warn them. It is also the case the client is resaonably new to our firm and we were recommended by the business which is about to fail.
- Your comments please 56 1
- Closing my business down 233 13
- CGT history of shares 20 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 26 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 33 1
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 132 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,264 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,485 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 894 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 47 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 145 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 172 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 234 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 622 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 241 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 196 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 148 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 310 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 101 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,121 18
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 362
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 216
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 189