I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 285 17
- Free invoicing software 60 1
- New business - journal entries 185 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 521 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 227 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,530 43
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 149 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 393 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 655 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 324 4
- Trade name 44 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 170 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 103 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 101 1
- Lettings expenses 101 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 355 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 325 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 295 9
- PAYE 458 12
- Using CT600.pdf if all the directors are different 93 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 728
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 699
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 374
- Social investment tax relief 194
- Digita Hosted Software 186
- Call Centre Data Costs 183
- option to tax 167
- VAT on deposits 160
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 145
- Travel costs and contractors 137