I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 120 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 234 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,456 386
- P11D Query 178 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 172 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 156 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,266 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 546 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 270 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,286 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 137 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 183 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 113 1
- Scottish but not UK 333 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 295 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 267 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 115 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 448 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 114 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 432
- National Insurance 333
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 249
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153