I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Transferring rental property to limited company 85 5
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 387 12
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 160 5
- Dormant co. now trading 295 9
- Cloud-based email services? 229 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,636 21
- Advertising Tips? 110 5
- IR35 276 2
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,115 25
- Company Structure 93 4
- Online or Paper 64-8? 176 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 381 4
- Lease premium payment of £20,000 137 3
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 112 2
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 134 5
- Late PAYE Registration 193 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,468 27
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 146 3
- Auto Enrolment 587 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,389 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 722
- 2015 tax year end 461
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 424
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 346
- Directors' advances and credits 277
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 258
- DTA tie-breaker issue 245
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 206