I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Mehjoo 289 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 40 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 299 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 181 4
- SA302 312 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 282 13
- Bringing money to Uk 266 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 272 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 198 4
- Go Cardless 343 9
- Hmrc software 238 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 137 1
- Hosted email exchange 180 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 311 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 315 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 248 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 154 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 298 7
- New Email Extensions 214 1
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 193
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 191
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148