I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Profit split on buy-to let 231 4
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 847 21
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 92 1
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 241 1
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,275 19
- ATED-Related CGT returns 279 2
- Incorporation haulier 243 1
- Is this a scam? 1,104 19
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 228 19
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 140 3
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,100 29
- Sage at it again? 88 1
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 110 1
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 319 5
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 783 7
- ESC A19? 329 1
- break even point 434 13
- Setting up an offshore company 219 3
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 119 2
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 95 1
- Overseas Sales 519
- Benchmarking 455
- Possible Partnership? 400
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 389
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 363
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 302
- Wednesday rant 277
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 186
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 170
- Filing Corporation Tax Return for a company that only has investment income 164