I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,738 40
- Agent help line - long queues? 21 1
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 137 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,069 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 325 10
- Accounts Software 247 10
- SMP reclaimable by employer 124 2
- Company Director In Prison 500 12
- Flat rate VAT 165 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,411 23
- Deduction from Salary 861 23
- National insurance contributions 124 1
- AWeb - download file 221 4
- Director Drawings 264 6
- Accountancy Career 371 5
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 159 1
- HMRC Agents Line 248 4
- calculation DTR restriction 104 1
- Charity work 263 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 318 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 534
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 330
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206