I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Non VAT invoices 144 3
- Time to ditch Sage? 158 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 247 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 146 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 277 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,365 32
- Fees 171 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 242 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 198 2
- Form 17 Download 113 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 542 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 987 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 269 3
- Accountant Specialization. 375 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 172 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 189 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 453 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 395 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 412
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 183
- AIA 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177