I am about to end my mortgage deal and I am looking round for another. Since I took out my mortgage I have started my own company. i am not asking to borrow any more money than I can prove I have been able to pay for the last 5 years, 3 of which when I have been running this business.
My issue is that I pay a low wage and the remainder in dividends. To earn what I do as an employee under teh PAYE system I would need to gross £45k. Instead I am showing as earning around £27k. This is also what my profits are, although when I started up they were low as I started from a zero customer base and had set ups costs. I keep being tolda by building societies that I don eran enough to pay the mortgage as they keep treating this income as gross pay, when it isnt. I have shown them bank statements clearly showing my income, to no avail.
My other issue is that I have got firm sales for next year of £80k, £50k will be profit. This is not including any one new walking through the door. However, they are not interested in this but want to go back 3 years. I have never been asked to recall what I earned as an employee 3 years previously, and don't see the relevance.
In addition to this I am part of a BTL club. I am now told the fact I am buying with other is irelevant and I will be deemed the whole liability is mine. This is madness.
At no point is the equity in my btl of the capital asset of my business being included. I am taking home more money and own more assets than ever and I am struggling to get a new mortgage for the fisrt time ever!
Can anyone who has solved these issues or knows a lender who lends on net pay, PLEASE let me know!
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 127 4
- Fee base v staff ratio 461 7
- payroll software 428 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 225 13
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 271 6
- Cash basis 557 14
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 50 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 250 3
- Statutory sick pay 349 5
- client threatening legal action 2,149 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 147 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 193 1
- Instant CPD offer 312 3
- Income from rent charged to business 189 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 464 5
- Dividend in specie 382 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 192 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 154 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 287 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 305 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 314
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 136
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135