Motor expenses for directors
Please could somebody help me with a query.
If a director claims costs for car tax, service, mot etc are these deductable for corp tax? This is for a personal car used for business, not a company car.
If they have also claimed the 40p mileage allowance (which my understanding is allows for the above costs) do the additional car maintenance costs need to be shown as a benefit in kind on their P11d?
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 17 1
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 107 3
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 256 7
- Business lending another business money (UK) 300 8
- Family Partnership 281 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 169 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 188 6
- Business trips - director and family 415 3
- Signed accounts for bank 660 15
- flat rate scheme 2,370 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 167 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 325 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 178 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 85 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 848 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 196 5
- VAT Query on new build 122 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 114 1
- P11D Car Value 273 6
- NOVA declaration 112 1